the jeep wave

• Keith_c - you may be right in your comment about members, but the prior quote about lurkers is supported.. this is your post.. either way, dont blame the Jeep blame the people. Seems as though there will always be conflict. Agree to wheel it together and accept someone will always be a stranger.

Views was the highest ever in 2011, maybe due to there being more web-bots cruising the web. [img alt=:shrug:]http://www.delawareja.com/foru…ys/default/nixweisscc.gif[/img]

All the stats: HereReport

• Ok I noticed today on my drive from Coatesville to West Chester I passed 6 Jeeps I got waves from all but 1(4 JK's and 2 TJ's) only one JK did not wave. I did think it was funny the other day when a neighbor was getting out of her new JK and I asked how she liked her JK she looked at me funny and said it's a Wrangler not a JK. :shrug: :roflmao: :bang:

Neill

In a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog.

• Ok I noticed today on my drive from Coatesville to West Chester I passed 6 Jeeps I got waves from all but 1(4 JK's and 2 TJ's) only one JK did not wave. I did think it was funny the other day when a neighbor was getting out of her new JK and I asked how she liked her JK she looked at me funny and said it's a Wrangler not a JK. :shrug: :roflmao: :bang:

90% of TJ drivers would probably say the same thing.

• 90% of TJ drivers would probably say the same thing.

The dealerships say wrangler a lot.

Neill, do you call your Jeep a Renegade or YJ? That's one of the few Jeeps other than a Scrambler that I call by it's name instead of the factory designation.

• I don't know maybe its the kid in me but I get a kick out of the wave, it makes me smile each time. Heather gets a kick out of it but does not get to many waves back in her Patriot. Like I said before I wave to all wranglers, CJ, and modified other Jeeps. I wave to all modified Jeeps also. Some times I get waves and some times I don't. I have even got the finger back once by a lifted YJ, but at least he acknowledged me. Really the only time I don't wave is if the driver is on the phone.

Long story short, if people wave or don't wave I don't really care. I wave and thats all that matters to me. I started my wave in 2000 with my TJ and my last wave was today driving home. Im sure I will wave tomorrow and everyday forward. If there is any hazing of the "New Jeeps" then its fine I don't care. I don't think the 4 doors killed the wave; I used to have a 4 door and I waved. I just don't think that many new Jeep owners know about the wave. When I got my TJ in 2000 the dealer told me about the wave before I drove off the lot. If they had not told me about the wave I would have had no clue. I think that proper wave education is vital to new Jeep owners.

"Kilroy was here!" :kilroy:

Edited once, last by BlueLesPaul2006 ().

• I assumed the wave was similar to the Harley wave. Having a 1975 Shovelhead AMF I always wave to all of the bikers. My theory is that the wave started with Harleys (especially AMF vintage) because we all knew sooner or later we were going to break down. Therfore, it is best to wave to everyone on/in a bike/jeep so there is plenty of help when you need it. :help:

• I think its comical how many lurkers you have on here compared to actual members.. look at your numbers over the years, it seems like its dwindling.. seems like its the JK again.. huh.. Then take a peek at whos doing the bashing.. mods and admins.. who would want to join a crew like this if its how you treat guests.. Still waiting to prove me wrong.. Ive been looking for a local crew to meet up with..

OH and if you owned the TJ the first few years it came out you would know what I mean..

Your right these guys are so mean. You should check out http://WWW.pirate4x4.com they are a lot more sensitive over there.

• I think your pompous if you think the JK killed the wave.. hmm.. the jeep went mainstream with the YJ. When I had a YJ nobody waved because it wasn't a real jeep it had square lights.. it wasnt a real jeep if it wasnt AMC Jeep built.. The TJ killed the wave when jeep brought it out with coils no leaf springs, I had one too and no waves..So stop blaming it on the newest Jeep model.. Wave or dont wave, but dont be an ass about it.. I passed a rusted out old YJ with no rear window and I waved today, I actually respected it. Looked like it was wheeled to hell and back..
    Yeah, This is a BS conversation so that the old cronies have something to blame on every forum.. If I see you on the trail or side of the road broken down I will stop and help just like i would anyone with a Jeep, not a CJ, YJ, TJ,LJ, JK, but any Jeep.. This conversation as you can tell infuriates me and if this is how this group is run, Im glad I didnt send in my money to join yet. Someone prove me wrong..
    Its a Jeep thing and its a way of life you accept it or you dont.. Wave or not, thats up to you, me and the person in the other jeep. I will wave and will always support my fellow jeepers.
    one thing you can say the JK did help keep Jeep from having financial woes like the other manufacturers, maybe without the JK Jeep would be no longer. >80k Wranglers sold in a single year alone in the US..

Would you like a hanky for all those tears? I would call you a lurker but your account is how old? Lol Please don't join DEJA, we are clearly to hardcore for you. I am sorry folks here hurt your feelings, I don't think we will ever be able to make it up to you. Instead, as was suggested, go join Pirate because they will be very attentive to your need to be loved and will likely have the constructive and sensitive conversation you are clearly looking for...

And rather than call you a "guest", because that would imply folks want you here, I would rather term you a pompous ass who apparently has the only "correct" opinion on the matter at hand.

Say what you like but TJ and older Jeep people waved more than not. I would say 1 in 2 minimum. Once the JK's came out, 1 in 10 or less... Having said that, a JK initiated a wave to me yesterday. Lol

• Alright guys. Enough already.

The guy just stated his opinion and there is no need for all of you to jump on him. Unfortunately, he deleted his account so I am basically standing up for someone that will never read this but let's just let it go.

FWIW, I thought some of his comments made sense. Pick on me instead.

• Funny how much drama "The wave", (Or lack of.) can cause sometimes.

DEJA Time Machine... http://www.delawareja.com/foru…15414.msg132525#msg132525

One reason I let the whole "Monkey Tag" thing die. (Actually I killed it.)

It was fun at one point, but became more trouble than it was worth.

And now that Brian and I have gotten to know one another, I think we understand each other better than is sometimes possible just reading typed words on a screen.

Wave if you want, don't if you don't.

I wave to most Wranglers as their drivers seem to know about it more than other models.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!