What have you done to your Jeep today?

• Yeah, I originally thought of a baby dookie brownish color but that's already been taken..... :razz:

I don't know how I forgot to add that to the list though. I've been contemplating Monstalining the exterior of the Jeep or repainting it. Can't road rage back at stupid driver's when every LEO in the state can pick your vehicle out from a mile away! I'll be multicolored kaleidescope here soon... blue fenders, hood and tailgate to swap in. I'll be running that mashup for a while probably.. looking like FrankenJeep!

**Added to right side of list**

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• After the trail run, I rinsed my undercarriage and looked for damage/issues. My front driveshaft rubbed the starter a little, so I clearanced it. It also seemed like a good time for lubing the u-joints, shafts, tie rod ends, and brake linkages. I then chopped off my tailpipes at the mufflers and will be going with a slightly larger size for better all-around performance. I was also going to change to a smaller fan, but after spinning the fan against my finger with the air ratchet until it bled I found out my other fan wouldn't fit anyway. So I went back to the old one.

• Cut down and reinstalled the flares. Don't quite like the flat cut as opposed to the tapered look. Gotta figure out why my marker lights in the flares aren't working now too.

Got the horn and interior LEDs wired back up. Trying to figure out exactly what I want to do with the stereo and CB placement as well as the switch placement for the lights.

• Upon cleaning I found a rock hit me at RC. Shoulda had rock rails. Getting some tomorrow. I'm no painter but some primer/paint and a shot of clear and should be good as new. It'll stop rust and the color is close enough I won't notice. Might change as it dries completely but it's new paint on 2.5 year old paint so I'm ok with it.

Edit: The area on the concrete were test sprays...not drips etc. Also had to touch up some spots on the wheels but that's why I got flat black. Bright silver spots on black wheels were gonna bug me.

• Upon cleaning I found a rock hit me at RC. Shoulda had rock rails. Getting some tomorrow. I'm no painter but some primer/paint and a shot of clear and should be good as new. It'll stop rust and the color is close enough I won't notice. Might change as it dries completely but it's new paint on 2.5 year old paint so I'm ok with it.

The Rubi rails will hide that :)

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• x2

Trust me, I spent most of Saturday trying different things. The rear flares were actually too long as they were hitting the rail. The thickness of the rocker guards metal is about the same as the flare material... so if I'd have removed that material then there'd be nothing to bolt into the tub. I actually traced out the taper and was going to cut it that way but the flare material has a rolled down edge so if I would've cut the taper it would've been flat material w/o the rolled edge. I thought about heating and forming the flare around the rocker guard but it'd look funny with a bumped out profile towards the bottom. Oh well, I'll live with it for now.

• Cut down and reinstalled the flares. Don't quite like the flat cut as opposed to the tapered look. Gotta figure out why my marker lights in the flares aren't working now too.

Got the horn and interior LEDs wired back up. Trying to figure out exactly what I want to do with the stereo and CB placement as well as the switch placement for the lights.

Problem solved. Should match well :razz:

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• I finished up my 2" dual exhaust. Went for a test drive. Higher vacuum readings across the board and quicker to come back up under acceleration. Same engine, more power. Life is good :8) Sounds better too!

• I am now a member of a very small and exclusive club...TJ's with underhood working lights.

I feel ripped off, my Rubicon doesn't even have one! ;D

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Got my interior LEDs wired back in, my horn is functional again, rewired the Hellas to an independent switch instead of tethered to the headlights. Took me 20 mins to figure out the inline fuse was blown and not the relay or the bulbs. :bang: The CB has also been reinstalled along with its external speaker. I'm need to get my spare tire carrier sorted so that it can mount the CB antenna and run the coax cable as well. Found a guy with a fuel tank so hopefully by next weekend is can get that sorted as well.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!