xj flares?!?!

• so i just finished up with my 3" lift and, thermostat and thermostat housing, and for my birthday my wife got me a set of 32x11.50 and they rub just a hair on the front of the flares, i want to go a bit wider of flare but i cant find any, they are all for the tj..................any good sites for it

• yeah i saw all those, but 420 bucks for a set of flares is outrageous, i will rock the butchered ones for that price, thanks for the help everyone :up:

• I have the Bushwhacker cut out flares. Running 33/12.50 tires on a 4.5 lift had no problem now that I am 6.5 lift even better.

yeah but you paid 350 plus for them... my lift kit didnt even cost that much.... my jeep is a budget build, so cut fenders is ok with me, but they look good on your jeep

• Yeah bushwhackers look badass, but the money for them is ridiculous. I spent my money on skids & axle shafts instead

• Haha Tom! Didn't you fix them though? I thought they came out pretty good. ???

You do own a hairdryer don&#039;t you she asked? Of course I do, he replied, it&#039;s in the driveway, it&#039;s called a Jeep.<br /><br />Current - 97 TJ, 99 WJ, 12 Scion tC<br />Past - 94 ZJ, 02 TJ, 06 Rubicon, 06 XK, 07 Scion tC

• con tom show the side view. thats where they look the "best"

*bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*<br /><br />&quot;Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. <br />One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.&quot;

• Did you paint your flares? If so what did you use?

Not to answer for Tug, but I had painted an old set of flares once using Bumper/Trim paint I got from Pep Boys. It worked really well. Of course I wet sanded them down prior to painting.

Dupli-color has "Fusion" paint out there for plastic. I'm not sure how flexable it is though. You might check out the Dupli-color websight.

There's also some stuff called "Forever Black" which I think is something a friend of mine used. He didn't like it because it came out streaky or swirly or something.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!