2WD WRANGLER??!!!

• hte wrangler was, is, and always be designed and built for its off road capabilities... the old willys is the reason we have a wrangler now. so what sense does it make to delete the front wheels from the drive train??!!! argue if u want, completely dumb imo. :upset: its like wiping before u poop... just doesnt make any sense :rolleyes:

• Mail Jeeps were 2wd.

I'd say they made a 2wd Wrangler for the same reason they made 2wd Cherokees, Blazers.....as turtle said, there's a demand for it and THAT's why vehicles are produced; the demand.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• actually IMO the demand is not for a 2wd drive jeep, it is just for the topless aspect. by offing a 2wd drive version, they can sell that at a lesser price and it (in there minds) will allow more people to buy them who wont spend the extra money for the 4x4, as they have no intention of ever using it.

• Because people in places like florida that just want to cuise around and look cool with the top down don't need 4wd.

I can't understand owning a 2wd Jeep but that is exactly the demographic I was thinking of that would. It is more a ragtop thing than a Jeep thing at that point.

• Maybe I am pushing it, but maybe Jeep was thinking "JeepSpeed" Most of the desert racers are 2wd... I don't really believe that, but it would be cool to see a JK unlimited in the Baja 1000... unlimiteds are the only 2wds, I hope; it's bad enough, but a SWB 2WD, why!

I like the baja idea. :up:

• Because people in places like florida that just want to cuise around and look cool with the top down don't need 4wd. Knowing what I know now I would have bought a 2wd truck. I don't need 2 4wd vehicles.

In the south they have allot of 2 wheel vehicles. When I lived in Louisiana and visited the junkyards I saw tons of suvs and jeeps that was 2 wheel drive. Also allot of Blazers (full size) that was 2X2.
    They told me because it dont snow it dont really matter if its 4X4 :shrug:

• just odd to me i guess... like a 2wd hummer. or a 4cyl sports car. (i know they make them) but noone really makes em fast without spending 100 grand on a porche!!!!! lol

• As far as 2wd jeeps being a sourthern thing..... I would hafta call :bsflag: ...... yea there aint no snow... BUT there are SWAMPS and mud everywhere..and all my life of living down there I aint never saw a 2wd jeep...(or snow)...not saying they aint among the population I'm just saying nobody I know of would EVER own one.... I think that the whole 2wd jeep idea evolved from the mail jeeps and shoulda stayed that way... BUT everything evolves and demand is the main factor in vehicular evolution.... and i have been seeing more and more people in jeeps that would OBVIOUSLY never go off-roading and never have a clue why other jeeps are waving at them..Which means they have NO conception of what being a "Jeeper" is all about..That is the population being catered to as the 2wd jeep now focuses on the wrangler...but the jeep will NEVER be just another sport utility vehicle.....It has roots unlike ANY other 4wd...which is why they're 4wd's keep getting better and better....

put in short... everybody wants to be cool like us... :razz:

• car companies make cars, trucks etc. for one reason and one reason only-$$$$ and lots of it

you really think if the wrangler stops selling they will continue to build it because YOU think they should? can I have some of what you are smoking?

If it makes money, the will build it. If it doesn't, they won't.

the car business is a 30 day world.

• As far as 2wd jeeps being a sourthern thing..... I would hafta call :bsflag: ...... yea there aint no snow... BUT there are SWAMPS and mud everywhere..and all my life of living down there I aint never saw a 2wd jeep...(or snow)...not saying they aint among the population I'm just saying nobody I know of would EVER own one.... I think that the whole 2wd jeep idea evolved from the mail jeeps and shoulda stayed that way... BUT everything evolves and demand is the main factor in vehicular evolution.... and i have been seeing more and more people in jeeps that would OBVIOUSLY never go off-roading and never have a clue why other jeeps are waving at them..Which means they have NO conception of what being a "Jeeper" is all about..That is the population being catered to as the 2wd jeep now focuses on the wrangler...but the jeep will NEVER be just another sport utility vehicle.....It has roots unlike ANY other 4wd...which is why they're 4wd's keep getting better and better....

put in short... everybody wants to be cool like us... :razz:

and if it werent' for those people who arent' "jeepers" you would not be able to buy a jeep.... maybe the next time you see somone driving a jeep who you are "cooler" than you should thank them for buying the jeep as "jeepers" are a mere 3% of jeep ownership and that sure as hell does not equal $$ to a car company

and this is post is reason 28 on my growing list of why I should have bought a Toyota....

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!