What have you done to your Jeep today?

• Wow...might as well sand and paint the frame while you're at it.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Buddy has basically the same truck. I can't remember what he needed to fix but I remember him saying "It's easier to just remove the whole cab" and I thought he was kidding.

Maybe replacing injectors or something?

And everytime I stop by their shop and their rebuilding an auto trans I just walk away. Waaaaay too many parts involved.

• He probably has a 6.0, they spend more time with the body off than on. This truck made 280k miles before the cab had to come off.

• Aaron hooked my steering up yesterday. Fixed all my binding issues wich involved cutting off ALOT and then built new sway bar brackets. I now have lock to lock steering. Then he installed my hydro assist. I also picked up some chromoly axle shafts wich are in and a cj tailgate wich will be my next project. The d300 is gonna wait until after the comp. I'm ready for next weekend though!

• Aaron hooked my steering up yesterday. Fixed all my binding issues wich involved cutting off ALOT and then built new sway bar brackets. I now have lock to lock steering. Then he installed my hydro assist. I also picked up some chromoly axle shafts wich are in and a cj tailgate wich will be my next project. The d300 is gonna wait until after the comp. I'm ready for next weekend though!

Nice!

• I broke three allen sockets and bent two wrenches trying to get the recessed allen bolts out of the engine skid. Even with heat, PB blast, impact, etc. :bang:

Looks like I will be vacuuming the oil out for a while. :doh:

• Clayton uses recessed flat head allen bolts. It's really nice for a smooth sliding surface over rocks but not so nice to remove.

Erock had the same issues. I ended up welding a nut to them and using my impact while they were still hot. Worked, just make sure you use anti-sieze when you reassemble.

• Erock had the same issues. I ended up welding a nut to them and using my impact while they were still hot. Worked, just make sure you use anti-sieze when you reassemble.

The other trick is after welding the nut on hold a candle to it....the wax will wick into the threads. Had some crusty old dude show me that one time and saved me when I broke an exhaust stud on Jen's TJ. Note that the wax will also catch fire so be ready... :innocent:

• The other trick is after welding the nut on hold a candle to it....the wax will wick into the threads. Had some crusty old dude show me that one time and saved me when I broke an exhaust stud on Jen's TJ. Note that the wax will also catch fire so be ready... :innocent:

You know, you strike me as the type that keeps scented candles in your shop.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

• Note that the wax will also catch fire so be ready... :innocent:

I lit the oil residue from my rear main seal leak on fire today trying to get those effing bolts out. I had to reach up and put it out with my arm.

It hasn't been a good day.

• Wired up the DRLs... I ended up wiring them to an ignition hot for now. I'll probably end up wiring in a switch later.

Closer view.. I'll get daytime pics tomorrow

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• Might want to shorten that spare tire carrier so it doesn't block your light.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I already have plans to move the plate. It will most likely end up on the passenger side of the carrier. Later down the road, I may make some sort of plate to put it in the center of the spare. I don't believe the spare will cover any part of the light. Ive already looked at a few 3rd brake light ideas and am pretty sold on adding one anyway.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• I already have plans to move the plate. It will most likely end up on the passenger side of the carrier. Later down the road, I may make some sort of plate to put it in the center of the spare. I don't believe the spare will cover any part of the light. Ive already looked at a few 3rd brake light ideas and am pretty sold on adding one anyway.

Where ever you move it, be sure to add a light,

http://www.amazon.com/Motorcyc…or-DragStar/dp/B005DV9GE2

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!