What have you done to your Jeep today?

• Looks like that dye or whatever did a pretty good job.
    Today I fed my jeep some money...in the form of a couple of magnaflow mufflers. The cheap turbo mufflers that were 1/3 of the price started rattling internally pretty bad. I fitted them up and tacked them in today, and I will hopefully finish welding them and get them back in tomorrow. I don't know how they will sound, but it should be better. The old ones sounded like a tractor at times. These are stainless, maybe they will last longer.

Chip Foose was on the box so they've got to be good.

• On my brothers Cherokee (my old one), I rigged up a switch to engage the hidden factory "extended idle" function. It's currently got a stock strength alternator and can't keep up with the stereo system at idle.

For those curious, the 97+ XJs have the same basically ECU across the board. Pin 12 in the front-most ECU plug (all black plug) is an all-gray wire. Find that in the harness and rig up a switch or relay to connect the ECU side of the wire to ground. It'll hold the idle at 1000rpm in Park and Neutral.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Got a few things accomplished today...

12v accessory installed finally.. grand total of $6 and it even glows orange! :D

Actually washed the Jeep!

Finally got my new striker plates installed and the new latches. SO MUCH NICER and I don't have to worry about the doors popping open while I'm driving. [emoji19]

Power washed the hard top inside and out.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• Ordered up all the parts to do the JK stock rear bumper pressurized water mod. Provided there are no glitches should have it up and running by Saturday on the sand. Eventually will get a different tank to use and mount somewhere since I don't want to use the stock rear bumper but this will work for now.

• Ordered up all the parts to do the JK stock rear bumper pressurized water mod. Provided there are no glitches should have it up and running by Saturday on the sand. Eventually will get a different tank to use and mount somewhere since I don't want to use the stock rear bumper but this will work for now.

Suhweeeeeet!! You could find a way to run the outlet tube around the exhaust pipe and BAM! hot water!

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• Suhweeeeeet!! You could find a way to run the outlet tube around the exhaust pipe and BAM! hot water!

Should be warm enough from sitting in the bumper in the sun. But you're right in theory it wouldn't be all that difficult to make the water warm water. However typically the Jeep won't be running when using this.

• Started working on the pressurized water system last night. Busted the stock bumper out of the garage, cleaned it up, and drilled the hole in it for the line to the pump.

Spent entirely too long going back and forth about where to mount the spigot. Decided on the inside of trunk on the right hand side. Drilled a hole. The back side of the hole is inside of the taillight so it will be easy to access for installation as well as any maintenance.

Got the spigot mounted.

Once the pump comes in today I will get it mounted and all of the lines run.

Also grabbed this coil hose for once it's all up and running.

• I will be using plumbers tape on all the threaded junctions and most likely some sort of silicone seal or rtv on anything that's not threaded.

I got an RV water pump that is 12 v and has a pressure switch so it kicks on when the spigot opens.

The stock bumper has 4 drain holes on the bottom that I am plugging with stainless bolts that I will be able to remove to drain the bumper at the end of the season.

• How much water will the bumper hold?

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Since you are hooking up to a pump for pressure, if you plumbed it to the front of your Jeep you could hook up a heat exchanger to your heating core hoses. Then you'd have a good source for heating the water.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Since you are hooking up to a pump for pressure, if you plumbed it to the front of your Jeep you could hook up a heat exchanger to your heating core hoses. Then you'd have a good source for heating the water.

Not a bad plan. This isn't a final setup I don't think but I may consider adding heat at some point. My primary goal right now is to get it up and running before the beach on Saturday. :innocent:

• I will be using plumbers tape on all the threaded junctions and most likely some sort of silicone seal or rtv on anything that's not threaded.

I got an RV water pump that is 12 v and has a pressure switch so it kicks on when the spigot opens.

The stock bumper has 4 drain holes on the bottom that I am plugging with stainless bolts that I will be able to remove to drain the bumper at the end of the season.

Couldn't tell from the pics. How do you fill it?

• Ok got it mostly done tonight.

Bottom drains plugged. (This didn't work correctly so they were dripping a little bit so I need to get bigger bolts and some silicone to seal them.

Fill mounted. I had spray it green and the paint got chewed up a little when I screwed it in, but in general this should work well. Attachment is for a standard garden hose.

Didn't get a picture but I ran the power into the running lights. The pump works when pressure drops (i.e. When you open the spigot) but I wanted another means to turn it off in case something went wrong didn't want it to be able to drain the battery all the way down. So basically have to turn the running lights on for the pump to work. Didn't get a picture of the wiring.

And last but not least.
    https://vimeo.com/172990879

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!