What have you done to your Jeep today?

• Drove it home :driving:

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• 'twas me, was dropping off some parts to a friend across the street around 6:20-30ish. Followed a woman in a lifted red XJ from Kirkwood Hwy there, too. :)

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Over the weekend built a mount for the Fire 2way Scanner and CB and installed them in the plow beast. Installed the main wire harness for all Aux circuits and replaced the stereo.Hope to pull the wheels this weekend to check the brakes and try to locate/fix a exhaust leak.

• I fab. up some new motor Mount's and put a new exhaust on it .

85 cj7 4" suspension 1" body lift on 33X13.50 swampers , Ford 9" / arb , t18 trans , dana 300 t case , and a efi 5.0 from a 93 gt . ( soon to have dana 44 and arb in the front )

• Replaced the POS AGR steering box w/ its PSC replacement and plumbed it to my existing ram and AGR pump...still need a few fittings for the PSC replacement pump, reservoir, and cooler before I can swap them in.

--Ian

• Since I donated 8 rear lugnuts to the K5 at bigdogs after their hub fiasco and have been living w/ mismatched 1/2" rear, 9/16" front studs for the past 2 years I spent most of the day Sat running around finding 18 (yeah, I can count...needed 2 for the front as well) 610-278.1 wheel studs and matching lugnuts. Gotta love a job that takes what seems like all day to gather the parts and then only 15-20mins/side to actually install.

Watched extreme4x4 as they were putting a psc steering kit on a TJ...figured I'd see where he installed the components as the PSC reservoir bracket, while novel, sucks for fitment in a '99 and has a less-than-desirable hose length. Boy was I disappointed at the ghetto-fab of laying the cooler in the engine compartment on the inner fender and hose clamping the reservoir in place of the rad overflow. As Elizabeth would say....epic fail. Guess I'm back to figuring it out myself.

--Ian (loves his 20-ton press and air hammer)

• Ordered a new transfer case today. :bang:

Watched extreme4x4 as they were putting a psc steering kit on a TJ...figured I'd see where he installed the components as the PSC reservoir bracket, while novel, sucks for fitment in a '99 and has a less-than-desirable hose length. Boy was I disappointed at the ghetto-fab of laying the cooler in the engine compartment on the inner fender and hose clamping the reservoir in place of the rad overflow. As Elizabeth would say....epic fail. Guess I'm back to figuring it out myself.

It does look like a jigsaw puzzle. :laughing: Will the cooler fit between the grill and radiator by the frame? And that additional capacity in the reservoir is nice. It alone will keep things a little cooler. I really wish AGR's was set up like that. :up:

• ...and another teralow bites the dust... :suspicious: :doh:

Yeah. I guess we're too rough on them. ::) It's the only Jeep part I've ever seen that has a warning to more or less be nice to it or it will destroy your transfer case.
    Another weak link gone. :suspicious:

• Well didn't happen today but last Friday ordered 5 37" Goodyear MT/R Kevlar's.

Monday got a call that they came in.

This Saturday will be taking over the new Rugged Ridge wheels to have the TPMS removed from the stock wheels, then mounted on the new wheels with the 37's.

• FINALLY got my Jeep back on the road. Swapped in a D60 full float rear and HD D44 front from a full size Jeep J20. They're beefy enough to say the least. Rockcrusher diff covers on both, 4.88's, spool in rear, welded spiders in front(Warn locking hubs for street driving), Chevy disc brakes and high steer kunckles. I picked up a set of H2 wheels for cheap and got a set of 37" boggers from Ian. It rides better than expected, here are some pics:

• You get a lift for it yet? How high you going with it? I want to go to 37's when I need new tires but only if I get new gears by then.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!