What have you done to your Jeep today?

• Aaron
    That is SICK SICK SICK!!!
    Looks awesome.

Fiend
    Are you planning on doing any Rock Crawling in your jeep?
    If So, you front bumper is going to be an issue with how far it is from the Grill and will affect the approach angle

• Aaron, what tires are those? I'm considering new tires...

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• 40" Trepador stickies

I think they are even softer than Red Label Krawlers. It was about 32 degrees here and I was able to sink my thumb into the tread pretty well. They are going to be like glue this summer.

• I think they are even softer than Red Label Krawlers. It was about 32 degrees here and I was able to sink my thumb into the tread pretty well. They are going to be like glue this summer.

I guess I'll start a new thread. I'm looking for the most aggressive trail tires i can get in my size.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• I love my Maxxis.
    Next time around, though, I am going with the Trepidors.
    They are better in the wet than the Krawlers, but I am not getting the stickies. I do drive the jeep on the street still.

• Rebuilt my front drive shaft over the weekend.

I wasn't really having any issues with it, more preventative than anything.

I went with the Spicer triple-sealed u-joints and upgraded the CV socket yoke to the greasable style.

Fairly straight forward.

Only odd thing was the u-joints came with 3 sets of clips. They vary in thickness from .058" to .065". Hadn't come across that before.

The slip joint was fine so I didn't mess with it.

A few pics:

• Nice Shaft Keith ! :laughabove:

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• [Insert non family appropriate 3 letter derogatory sexual orientation word here]
    :laughabove: :laughabove: :laughabove: :laughabove: :laughabove:

The PC way to spell it is "ghey".

Steve's straight. (Actually, I have no idea). :roflmao:

But he knows a nice looking shaft when he sees one. :spinrhead:

Back on topic, one tip to those that might not know...

DO NOT add grease to the cups on a sealed u-joint. You will never get them to seat.

Learned that previously. :bang:

• with the wheels straight the frame is still flush with the front of the tires. when i narrow the frame i will keep it so it stays even so i can compete in class 3 if i feel like it.

aaron

btw thanks for the cool comments

• Everytime I read this thread I realize how little I actually know about my vehicle. I'm learning...but man its painful... :doh:

&quot;Always do sober what you said you&#039;d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.&quot;--Ernest Hemingway<br /><br />&quot;Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast.&quot; ---Oscar Wilde

• Fiend
    Are you planning on doing any Rock Crawling in your jeep?
    If So, you front bumper is going to be an issue with how far it is from the Grill and will affect the approach angle

Yeah I know. Several people have already mentioned this to me before. I designed the thing myself back in 12th grade. It was my senior project which determined if I graduated or not. I wasn't taking any of that into consideration at the time. I went to rausch creek back in October and just stuck to the blue and green trails I think it was and it did fine. I don't really plan on doing anything extreme in my jeep for a while. It's my daily driver.

• Yeah I know. Several people have already mentioned this to me before. I designed the thing myself back in 12th grade. It was my senior project which determined if I graduated or not. I wasn't taking any of that into consideration at the time. I went to rausch creek back in October and just stuck to the blue and green trails I think it was and it did fine. I don't really plan on doing anything extreme in my jeep for a while. It's my daily driver.

The bumper looked good and could be shortened up pretty easily. Add a winch mount while your at it and that thing will run blues and mild blacks no problem.

• All good. Just speaking from experience in the hard stuff.
    I remember when I had a hi lift mounted to the rear bumper
    I ripped that thing off so bad the handle made this loud ping and ended up about 10' away
    Pretty funny stuff. I was all stock then too.
    :)

The bumper is pretty impressive for a school project.

I like the last comment
    Add a winch mount, shorten it up and go wheeling.

• You're not alone. Right with ya. :)

sometimes you just have to take stuff apart to see how it works.

• I used to think I knew how to drive my jeep
    then I parked it on it's roof
    That cleared up that misconception

I know my jeep really well and know that 65% heck maybe 70% of the time, I need to let someone else do the work so I don't make stuff worse.
    :D

• sometimes you just have to take stuff apart to see how it works.

Yeah thats what I'm doing, but most of the time I have a hard time getting it back together! :laughing:

&quot;Always do sober what you said you&#039;d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.&quot;--Ernest Hemingway<br /><br />&quot;Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast.&quot; ---Oscar Wilde

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!