What have you done to your Jeep today?

• Always wondered if you take doors off with the mirrors if it was legal or not. Every time I pass a police cruser I look. Maybe I will have to get relocation brackets someday.

As long as you have at least the driver's side you're legal. I don't have mirrors for mine when the doors are off so I get a little nervous when a cop is around too. lol

• As long as you have at least the driver's side you're legal. I don't have mirrors for mine when the doors are off so I get a little nervous when a cop is around too. lol

I used to get nervous too.... then I realize they are more worried about seat belts the rear view and side mirrors... and jeeps are easy prey with the doors off....

Anytime you take your 20+ year old jeep apart plan on fixing more them you intended.

• :o :o :o :o :o

To each their own and maybe it's just me but for two metal rods w/ a mirror attached that seems a bit pricey. You could buy a piece of threaded rod, heat it, bend it and fab up some type of mount for a mirror for probably 1/3 of that price.

Since ya really only need a driver's mirror you could split the cost and take one each. :shrug:

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• I think these are going to be my next purchase. They seem easy on & off and I don't have to worry about moving the door mounted mirrors. I've seen complaints about not being able to use the passenger side when they're relocated to the windshield mount. Anyone recommend or have any issues with these?

http://www.quadratec.com/products/11047_920X_PG.htm

i have the same ones..i split a pair with a friend so they were "half price" it's a little sloppy in the hole of the JK but tighten it down and it works fine. the vibration distorts the view..but its enough to see what you need for backing up and such. i just turn my head for lane changes, ect

• Through it out with the trash.

As I looked at it lying there I could hear TAPS being played in my mind. Oh well.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Sad John to see slimers shell like that. Your first roll over! How much did you get?

Sent from my Galaxy S3 with Taptalk 2

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• I got $63. I had a bunch of scrap metal, including a 258 head and a 4 cyl TJ head. It was 900 lbs total. I probably swept up another 20 lb of rust that broke off when I was moving it to the truck. :rolleyes:

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I finally got around to doing the headlight mod I saw on JF. Very impressed with the outcome. Lights are 5x brighter and the colors not yellowish anymore. Took about 4 hours total. Most of that was building the new wire harness to accomodate the relays. :up: :up:

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• Wheeled it at Big Dogs and brought it home. :driving:

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• Drove it at 55mph with no vibe in the steering wheel, need for constant micro-adjustments or dead spot. <sigh> I don't know how long it's been...2 years?...more?...that I've been fighting steering issues. It started with death wobble and then we got it down to just the above problems. After replacing damn near everything in the front end (sometimes twice...NAPA doesn't really question warranty returns as much as I'd think) or making custom mounts and to relocate track bar and other stuff, I took off the trail tires I had for big dogs and put my MTR's back on. Right before Big Dogs we swapped the drop pitman arm and drag link end for new and added a steering box brace. I don't think the brace did much if anything but the pitman arm was suspect. Let's just say it's now a permanent addition to the pile of crap at the big dogs shooting range. I put 8 or 9 shots on it from the AR and kicked it a couple times for good measure. :guns:

Gonna see how it does on the highway and then hopefully it will be down the beach a few times this summer without feeling like I'm going to end up in a wreck.

• Gonna see how it does on the highway and then hopefully it will be down the beach a few times this summer without feeling like I'm going to end up in a wreck.

I did a white knuckle trip to the beach in my TJ with the Pitbulls. I agree....no fun! :o

Changed my oil and did a five tire rotation. Over 30,000 miles and they still look new. Goodyear MTR's are the best all around tires in the world.

EDIT: WTF is this? Did a mouse make a condo in my air box?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!