What have you done to your Jeep today?

• You might want to move that tag over a little to the right, you might catch hell about it not being completely visible from the back. I'm available for magnet testing. :)

Eventually it will come to the right about 1.5 inches. I already put to nutserts into the tub but I didnt have the right bolts so I just popped it in with some sheet metal screws. Who am I kidding, it will probably stay like that until and if I ever catch hell from it...

Weather permitting maybe next weekend is a good weekend to test it. Or if its raining we sit in an empty garage and get hammered drunk for no reason. :beer:

• Eventually it will come to the right about 1.5 inches. I already put to nutserts into the tub but I didnt have the right bolts so I just popped it in with some sheet metal screws. Who am I kidding, it will probably stay like that until and if I ever catch hell from it...

Weather permitting maybe next weekend is a good weekend to test it. Or if its raining we sit in an empty garage and get hammered drunk for no reason. :beer:

I used rivets. Been like that for years still holding strong and has a clean look.

• Back in February of 2012 I started a tummy tuck on my Jeep.

A week later Patti became sick and ended up in the hospital.

Some of you knew her and know that her and I met because of DEJA, and ended up husband and wife in 2007.

She passed away in March of 2012.

It's been very hard for me to get back into my Jeep because of all the thoughts and memories associated with it and her, and us.

But deep inside I know she'd want me to continue on with the Jeep life, as I know she loved it dearly.

Her daughter Amy has Patti's Jeep now and some of you may see it on the beach, or around Dover.

Anyway, I've been trying to make a concerted effort to get mine back together.

Over the last week or two, I've been slowly been getting back into it.

I've installed the Novak TC cable shifter and today got the UCF ultra-high clearance skid installed.

I'll have to lower the fan shroud about an inch and then adjust the pinion angles, and I'm looking forward to driving it again for the first time in over 18 months.

Here's a pic of the skid. Yeah... I have a little painting to do too. :)

• Gave Jen's new-to-her WJ a 3" bump in altitude and some JK takeoffs on Sat to allow her to tackle even the largest of curbs at the mall.
    :innocent:

Looks great!! Mine is still on jack stands... awaiting new springs/control arms. Should be this week. If you have DW issues, check out Kevins Offroad. They have some great stuff to cure this on WJ's.

• I learned a valuable lesson tonight. Tightening up bead lock bolts on 4 tires with hand tools [size=3]SUCKS![/size]

Hand tools? You were lucky!!! When I was young we had to tighten rusty bead locks with our cavity ridden teeth! And that was after heating them cherry red with a torch powered from gas we collected from our own rotting excrement. You kids today have it so good.

(Steve's future old man self)

Sent from my Galaxy S3 with Taptalk 2

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Hand tools? You were lucky!!! When I was young we had to tighten rusty bead locks with our cavity ridden teeth! And that was after heating them cherry red with a torch powered from gas we collected from our own rotting excrement. You kids today have it so good.

And that was while pushing the tire uphill, both ways!

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• Hand tools? You were lucky!!! When I was young we had to tighten rusty bead locks with our cavity ridden teeth! And that was after heating them cherry red with a torch powered from gas we collected from our own rotting excrement. You kids today have it so good.

Future Steve??? :razz:

And the take away from this lesson, invest in a good air or battery powered impact gun!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!