What have you done to your Jeep today?

• I think it's just the angle I took the picture at. I'd love to do a bumper soon, but my thought is I'll probably stubby the stock bumper first and throw a winch on it like that for a while.

If I remember correctly its not worth the cost of adding a winch to the stock bumper because it's basically sheet metal and you have to buy a pretty hardcore winch mount that attaches to the frame around the bumper. Take the money you're going to spend on a winch and just buy a decent bumper. I really like Posion Spyder lite bumper. Jeep looks good. Now throw some 35's under it and you'll be good.

• I removed my front sway bar system.
    That did not work well with the ORI Struts. After removing it, it was amazing how much better the front Axle articulated. I still have the rear sway bar connected but think that one will be removed as well.
    I spray painted every ding and scratch from this weekend to try and keep the rust away. Under carriage of the jeep actually looks pretty good.
    I have to swap out my front driveshaft and the repairs are done.

So some more tuning for the ORI's and I think it's time to get Big Boy tires finally and split the jeep between Street and Dedicated Comp Stickies and it will be right where I want it.

• I still have the rear sway bar connected but think that one will be removed as well.

I think you'll be just fine on the road with no sway bars. Like I mentioned, I do get some yaw on long cloverleaf turns and obviously you noticed how it sits when I pull into a parking spot but other than that, it will handle an evasive maneuver like a sports car.

Ditching the rear sway bar will enable you to more easily get the suspension balanced front to back. Ideally, your RTI score should be identical with all four tires. Mines pretty darn close and feels so stable it's almost unreal.

Can you run stickies in Class X Elff? If so, I'd love to try another comp this summer if time allows.

• OK

Consider it removed.
    :D

I asked Zach to order me the ORI fill kit, but until that arrives, Can I borrow yours one more time?
    I think the front sway bar was the reason I could not level off the struts

Class X is run what you Brung. Since I will be the only street legal jeep in it, I really need the stickies to be even close to competitive.
    The fees for Class X are less and you don't get the prizes like you do in the other classes, but for me the advantage is that I can build my jeep how I want.

If they had Class X years ago, I would have never removed my AiROCK

I am missing this weekend, but will be at RC Rocs #2 and #3.
    You should go. Considering how well you did this past weekend, I think you would do very well

• Finally got under the jeep since the comp to inspect. Touched up all the rock rash. Replaced the rear u-joint on the rear shaft and tightened up my steering. My steering box seems to be going bad again. Otherwise she's looking good. I also swapped the mfs and flasher relay again and my signals are all working properly finally. Ill probably swap in another Durango box for now because I can get a freebee under warranty but I'm reading up on hydro assist because I'd like to upgrade when I can afford to.

• dropped it off at the dealer for a new head...lets see how long they have it. rental car on their dime.

got it back tuesday night. great communication from the dealership (country dodge/jeep in Oxford) time for a 400 mile weekend to see if it's good LOL

• Hey guys, I haven't put a lift or tires on my jeep yet.. still saving up. but i added some 7" LED spotlights from http://www.OHVlights.com, and I love them, I also added a jolley roger flag tire cover. I am pretty proud of them both, just thought Id like to share. Pictures of both BELOW.

also this is my German shepherd who loves to go for rides in the jeep

• Hey guys, I haven't put a lift or tires on my jeep yet.. still saving up. but i added some 7" LED spotlights from www.OHVlights.com, and I love them, I also added a jolley roger flag tire cover. I am pretty proud of them both, just thought Id like to share. Pictures of both BELOW.

also this is my German shepherd who loves to go for rides in the jeep

I think you need a bigger Jeep to fit that dog. :innocent: Have you tried out the lights yet? Rt 9 late at night is an awesome testing road for lights. :) Offroad lights are generally pointless around here, but when you do get the chance to use them, you're happy you have them! Especially one with a high color temperature or HID and LEDs... for on-road, it really lights up the road paint and any reflectors or signs and for off-road, gives better contrast to the dirt vs grass or brush. When I was out west, blasting down dirt trails around the Grand Canyon, I was able to run at 40+ and still see farther than I could stop. With just the high beams, my driving speed was limited to 20ish.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Competed today

Class 1 Team 152

Didn't do as well as we hoped. We definitely learned some lessons. It's amazing how mean little blue cones can be.

*bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*<br /><br />&quot;Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. <br />One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.&quot;

• Got the bumperettes and tow bar off after about 2 hours. Had to cut the head off of the last bolt. Who came up with the idea of welding a tiny stick of metal to the nut?!? They need to be shot! All the little stick did was bend and make it dang near impossible to get a wrench or ratchet on the nut!!

Almost got my Tuffy speaker/storage boxes finished! 2 coats of clear on the inside and they'll be ready to install! Excited!

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• Nice!! Not gonna lie, I got the itch after last week and would love to compete again. Ive just gotta get another dd.

• Got the new-2-me rear tube bumper on yesterday after work. Much much easier going on than getting the old stuff off. Got one coat of clear in the Tuffy boxes and hope to get the 2nd done tonight.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• I used the rectangle marker lights from autozone. They are $5 and run off two wires so its basically plug and play. I had to shave down the plastic trim ring a bit to fit, paint it black because its chrome and also make a negative wire and prong to match the length of the positive wire so the ground went to wire number two of the factory wires vs grounding on the mounting screw. I also filled the gaps with some black rtv to make it look clean and keep the water out, then I shot the assembly with some paint so the rtv matched the fender. Otherwise it fits nice, a bit big but legal width and if it breaks while wheeling its a $5 replacement vs a special order led. Ive used led's in the past on side markers and not had issues but Ive heard of it giving a double blink and requiring modifications to the wiring with the addition of diodes and resistors. Thats what I wanted avoid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!