Restaurant Reviews- Anything near the beach?

• oh where to begin! i should say Stingray on Lake Ave in Rohoboth because im the chef there, so I will. after that however....Dogfish is great! wood burning grill and the freshest beer in town. Arenas has a fantastic beer list and the food all be it simple, is done fantastically every time! Fins on Rehoboth ave (the old Sir Guys) has a smaller but better beer list and great oysters on the half shell. good kitchen too. down in Fenwick, Jammin' Jon's Island BBQ on 54, inland a mile or 2 is the best BBQ around. up in lewes, Agave is friggin great. Latin food, great tequila, maybe not so kid friendly but most of Lewes doesn't seen to be to me.

do yourself a favor and never go to a chain restaurant!

• do yourself a favor and never go to a chain restaurant!

Amen to that. Not that they are all bad but I prefer to try new things.

Well I was down yesterday. The Lighthouse wasn't open on weekdays yet and everything else was on limited hours.

We tried the Big Fish Grill and I'd have to say that was the best service I've ever received from any restaurant anywhere (and I've been to a few.) Food was excellent but as Wolverine said, it definitely wasn't cheap.

Thanks for the posts but it's going to be a long summer so keep em coming! ;)

• Ive had 2 bad experiences with this place, took 45 min for appetizers to come out..and they had excuses for it all.. bill was messed up, but hey the beer was good :up:

Funny, I have never known how long the appetizers took because I was busy drinking. I think you have your priorities all wrong! ;D

FWIW, never had any problems at all at DFH.

• Funny, I have never known how long the appetizers took because I was busy drinking. I think you have your priorities all wrong! ;D

FWIW, never had any problems at all at DFH.

well we had a party of like 12.. and it was for my grandfathers birthday.. so not everyone was gettin tank'd :rolleyes:

1997 TJ 4 banger 5 speed, 4.88's, detroit tru track in the front d30, RE 3.5,OME shocks, JKS 1.25" BL, 33" BFG A/T's, Llama bumpers tire carrier, Hi lift

• well we had a party of like 12.. and it was for my grandfathers birthday.. so not everyone was gettin tank'd :rolleyes:

You were probably one of those groups that wanted 7 separate checks for 12 people right? :razz:

I went to the Cultured Pearl last night and it was amazing. If you like Sushi I highly recommend it! It's on the more pricey side of things, but it was worth it!

Yeah, that place rocks. The Buttery in Lewis does as well. I love going there and having breakfast on the deck...

• You were probably one of those groups that wanted 7 separate checks for 12 people right? :razz:

my favorite is the 10 top that comes in at 7:30 without a reservation on a busy saturday and is pissed that they can't sit right down. furthermore they don't understand why they can't sit where they see an open table for 4 that has a reservation coming for it in half an hour!

edit: fixed quote tag

• fat tuna grill out 26 in millville or ocean view (can't remember)...it is very good and kid friendly. other than that we do dogfish with the kids, it is there favirite place.

1990 YJ, 4" Rough Country Lift, 33x12.5 BFG MT, Some Custom Rattle Can Paint

• Dogfish Head Pub on Rehoboth Ave. Good beer, good food, and live music on the weekends.

x500 :tup:
    Also, Bethany Blues is good as is The Cultured Pearl

• I will Second Fat Tuna Grill on 26 in Millville, about 2 miles west of Bethany.

I will also add Serendipity in Oak Orchard... Great food, great service, a little pricey.

Las Rosa Negra on E. 9 in Lewes is pretty good and on the way from Cape to Rt.1.

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

• I third Fat Tuna's :up:

I had lunch there the other day while working down there and it was awesome. Great food and a great price. :up:

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• my favorite is the 10 top that comes in at 7:30 without a reservation on a busy saturday and is pissed that they can't sit right down. furthermore they don't understand why they can't sit where they see an open table for 4 that has a reservation coming for it in half an hour!

Tell them to suck it go the $#@% back to Norph Jassy if they don't like it. Then drive an icepick right through one of their eyeballs and ask them if they got your point.

Lighthouse is overpriced for sub-par food. However the grill on the back deck is awesome for an easy meal. I love the tuna steaks. And you can't beat the view there...except maybe the view at Obies on the Water...depends on the view you're looking for I guess.

Buttery is way too fancy for a family just coming off the beach. And the kids probably won't find much on the menu they would like.

Rehoboth Irish Eyes just feels like you're eating in a T-shirt shop...which I think it used to be.

Big Fish has been a top beach destination for years.

Arenas is a nice laid-back place and now they have a RT1 location so you don't have to drive into Reho.

I've heard good things about Nalu in Dewey.

I guess a lot depends on where you're going to fish. Faithful Steward is south of Dewey and Reho so any place along Rt1 is an easy choice. If I was fishing at Cape, I would just eat in Lewes. I wouldn't want to fight traffic going south just to eat and then head back north.

• I met some friends at Crabby Dicks last weekend just because it was close to the campsite. That place sucked. They were out of crabs, food was crap, and service was mediocre for the price we paid.

This weekend we hit Bethany Blues. It was great. Ribs were awesome. I'm not sure about the tuna with spicy barbecue sauce on it but it was well presented at least. My wife had the prime rib and that was really good.

• I met some friends at Crabby Dicks last weekend just because it was close to the campsite. That place sucked. They were out of crabs, food was crap, and service was mediocre for the price we paid.

This weekend we hit Bethany Blues. It was great. Ribs were awesome. I'm not sure about the tuna with spicy barbecue sauce on it but it was well presented at least. My wife had the prime rib and that was really good.

Told you you'd like Bethany Blues. Best ribs I've had down there!!!

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!