*** Beater Build *** - Report

• Also, many thanks to the Guys and Gals of ESJA for inviting us to participate.

Here's the video.

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ECGGUGTC5iE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ECGGUGTC5iE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

• Ed Playing on the cars:

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XylH6bm5jZA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XylH6bm5jZA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MrFGcr7Ujoo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MrFGcr7Ujoo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

• freaking awesomeeee

1997 TJ 4 banger 5 speed, 4.88&#039;s, detroit tru track in the front d30, RE 3.5,OME shocks, JKS 1.25&quot; BL, 33&quot; BFG A/T&#039;s, Llama bumpers tire carrier, Hi lift

• In my defense of me getting stuck on the rocks. Next year we NEED tires with tread. Ours looked like street slicks almost. :bang: Plus if you went straight down the middle there was a HUGE rock that we could have never went over. At least we won though :laughing: The jump was awesome though :driving:

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

Edited once, last by Wolverine ().

• Dude I cannot believe that you jumped those cars like that, insane!! I was trying to crush the front of the cars more in the beginning, but never got it down far enough. Oh well, you made easy work of it. HAHA :up: :up: So the rain started to really come down after everyone left, which made that area so super slick. In the beginning, getting overthe cars while it was dry was super easy, after it was all mud, it was super hard. Took me about 6 tries to get over them from the front, from the side or rear, was impossible. We need to post our videos on the ESJA site. All of the people there after the sun came back out were doubting and running their mouths about us and going over the cars. Great showing for the DEJA crowd. We did great.

Results:
    DEJA : 1st in the beater build
    Glenn : 1st in the CJ6, Scrambler, CJ8 show division
    Ed : 2nd in the RTI ramp comp, and 3rd in the slow crawl (5.38, 4:1, and 37s did nothing for me HAHA)

Was fun though...

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

• WAY TO GO!!!

THAT JUMP WAS FREAKIN' INSANE!!!

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• OK, after looking over the beater I found we destroyed the following. :suspicious:
    Dana 30 (bent at where the air disconnect housing meets the tube)
    Two upper control arms
    Radiator
    Little body damage (front impact)
    Bent tierod

But still runs great ;D
    and would like to give big THANKS to Brian for git'n'rdone 8)

• Any idea what gears it has?

Diablo has a D30 she's trying to get rid off. :lbulb:

• It's got 3.07s. :bang:

You do own a hairdryer don&#039;t you she asked? Of course I do, he replied, it&#039;s in the driveway, it&#039;s called a Jeep.<br /><br />Current - 97 TJ, 99 WJ, 12 Scion tC<br />Past - 94 ZJ, 02 TJ, 06 Rubicon, 06 XK, 07 Scion tC

• How many other Beater's were entered?

Got to love this....

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Edited once, last by Slimer ().

• I wish there was a way to blow that one up for me to frame and put in my office. Did anyone get any stills of that ?

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• That was really cool, worth the 2.5 hour drive to see. Bigger and better next year. Awesome driving Brian and thanks to all that made it happen.

Randy

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's
    &'03 KJ, 2"+ shackle lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG A/T TAs

• I wish there was a way to blow that one up for me to frame and put in my office. Did anyone get any stills of that ?

I just did a screen shot and copied it to a word file, printed it and scanned it to get it into a jpeg (which is why it's all grainy). Is there a better way to do it? I'll see if I can email the screen shot to you.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!