Best surf rods?

• Just get a Walmart Combo, 12-14 ft. If you are serious on Surf fishing, there is a lot to learn..

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• I picked up the 10' Shakespeare Big Water combo from Walmart for $40. I was expecting to get my b4lls busted at the 4th of July fishing tourney for having a crappy Walmart rod and then I realized that about half of the people had the same rod. :)

//that being said, you probably shouldn't take advice from me since I really have no desire to catch anything...lol.

• One thing to keep in mind, the heavier the line, the more weight you need and the more the surf will move your line.. If you re-spool with some nice 15 lb Spyder Wire line, you will really like the difference. I tend to use 4-5 oz pyramid sinkers to hold bottom. Also, get a hook sharpener, a dull hook will loose more fish than anything else.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Sorry should have been more clear in my 1st post. I have been fishing with the Dicks sporting goods 10's and have learned the ins and outs. NOW looking to increase the distance in cast and all that good stuff.

Sorry the post should have read

"school me on the 201 of surf rods" :laughing:

• Hit Bills Sport Shop in Rehoboth, I am sure you can find all you are looking for. Could even wait to February and go over to the Timonium Fair Grounds...they have a pretty good fishing equipment show.

1990 YJ, 4" Rough Country Lift, 33x12.5 BFG MT, Some Custom Rattle Can Paint

• I have one of those $40 combos from Wal-Mart.... Worked great for me when I used to surf fish... Now it just sits in the garage... Maybe I will one day start doing it again... if not it might find its way up on here for sale shortly!!!

If you don't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them!!!!

• i got a penn pursuit rod and silverado reel combo from Cabellas in hamburg pa for 65.00 . the rod is nice while the reel is kinda crappy but both do the job well. reeled in a 3 foot sand shark and a short striped bass this summer with no trouble. casts nicely. i just dont like the reel much, not a real penn. i think ill replace it with a 750ss when it starts bothering me more.

• check out bass pro, i do alot of bass fishing and thats where i order most my tackle and rods. how much do you want to spend? also for braid type of line i found power pro and suffix braid to be the best just my opinion

• I only Use Tica rods with Abu Garica Bait casters. I can throw em with the best of them...

I absolutely kill fish on the 4 rods i have.... i have some others but they are used everytime i go out...

also help to know who to talk to about catching fish... all about right time, tide, location and bait...

ohh and riding on a 4wheeler asking everyone what they are using and catching helps too. haha

96 Jeep Grand Cherokee: <br />4.0L - 4.5&quot; Long Arm - D44&#039;s Locked - 33&quot; M/TR&#039;s <br />XRC 8K Winch - Daily Beater / Offroad Machine<br />1970 Chevy Nova: Rowdy Street Car

• I have an array of rods, free to a good home. Many with reels, some without. I have about 6 of them. Range from 8-14'.

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!