Clayton long arm kit

• Hey guys. I'll be going to long arms in about two months or so. I am going to need someone to do the welding on the kit and help me install it. The brackets on my 8.8 may also need to be changed, but we'll see about that.

What I am wondering is if there's anyone here who would be willing to weld it up for me? I am willing to pay for it, I just don't want to pay a shop. I'm tired of paying outrageous prices for shops to do things wrong plus I like to learn how to do things myself.

You do own a hairdryer don&#039;t you she asked? Of course I do, he replied, it&#039;s in the driveway, it&#039;s called a Jeep.<br /><br />Current - 97 TJ, 99 WJ, 12 Scion tC<br />Past - 94 ZJ, 02 TJ, 06 Rubicon, 06 XK, 07 Scion tC

• I can do it depending on the time frame. I will be busy the rest of the winter trying to get my rig ready for the WErock season, but i can probably find time for a day of welding. Not sure what it would cost, but I am sure I am a lot cheaper then a shop. When are you thinking about doing the install, begining or March?

Aaron

• I'm not sure when the install will be. Sometime between March and June. There's no hurry, I'm just gauging to see who would be able and/or willing to help me with it all.

You do own a hairdryer don&#039;t you she asked? Of course I do, he replied, it&#039;s in the driveway, it&#039;s called a Jeep.<br /><br />Current - 97 TJ, 99 WJ, 12 Scion tC<br />Past - 94 ZJ, 02 TJ, 06 Rubicon, 06 XK, 07 Scion tC

• i can do welding also i have tthe bigest wleder u get get for a regular 120 outlet let me know im most likely going to be at the meeting sunday in dover

• First, great choice on kits, all the cool people run Clayton.

Second, while it isn't hard as lifts go, you definitely want someone with some experience (like Aaron) along for the ride. Especially if you add the bracket relocation kit which I highly recommend and have. Oh, and add the rear shock kit as well because the outboarding helps greatly, but don't ditch the rear swaybar. ;D There are some potential clearance issues that an experienced person will be able to avoid. And don't forget the exhaust work which can be a little tricky if you don't drop it right after the skid (which I do and have had no issues with). And I highly recommend getting the Clayton skid system also. And no, I don't get a cut of Clayton's sales, but maybe I should. ;D

This going on a Rubi? If not, I will have front and rear 2006 Rubi D44 axles geared 4.88 and all set up for a Clayton LA with the bracket relo, Currie steering, and some other odds and ends for sale in a couple months... :innocent:

So wait, did you actually ask for any of this "advice"? Hahaha But seriously, if you need pictures of anything just let me know...

• I may be interested in these depending on the time frame and available cash.

• Rubi 44 front with 4.88s would be nice. Not much of an upgrade though (not to me anyway). For the price most people ask I'd rather get a more heavier duty axle. If your price isn't half bad, I may just take you up on that. It'd be hard for me to want to take out my HP30 that I just put in though. :)

I was just going to buy the upgrade kit for now. Do I need to buy their belly pan straight away or can it work with the stock pan until I feel like dropping another $500+? I don't think I wheel this hard enough to outboard the shocks just yet. I was just going to treat myself to long arms since I've wanted them for a long time. I was thinking everything else can wait. Exhaust relocation isn't a big deal. I need a whole new system as it is since I still have the crappy OEM exhaust. :laughing:

You guys are going to hate this, but I don't run either sway bar. The front hasn't been connected since I put the disconnects on (why did I even bother?) and the rear hasn't been connected since the 8.8 went in. The housing needs to be shaved otherwise it'd be on there. It's not a big deal to me right now and I drove it to Myrtle Beach and back with no issues. I think I'd notice it more if I had softer springs. I plan on putting the rear swaybar back in whenever these long arms get installed.

Edited once, last by Diablo ().

• What are your plans for getting thru inspection ?

Don't ask, don't tell. :innocent:

Mine's been through inspection twice like that. Lucky? Likely. But as long as it scans clean and isn't obnoxiously loud they don't seem to have issue. A 'real' exhaust is on the list but things keep getting put in front of it...

--Ian

• Ask me in 2011 because until then I don't care... ;D

And actually, I was referring to the fact that I have never had exhaust fume issues in the cab as some people, generally Internet Researchers who don't have the setup, claim is always the case. ;D I know it will likely have to be re-routed for inspection, then re-routed again for another 2 years... :innocent:

• Anyone want to answer my question that I asked about using this kit with the stock skid? :laughing:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!