• What type of lockers are you folks using. I want to do something with these open rears. I need to go lower on the gears & figure to install some sort of limited slip or lockers.

• front: ARB
    rear: Detroit

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• Detroit - OX
    Soon to be Detroit - Detroit.

If you drive it a lot, go with a selectable locker instead of an automatic.
    For limited slip, the helical gear style LSD's are the way to go over a clutch style.

• Now
    Front-Rubi Locker
    Rear-Rubi Locker/Helical LSD

Soon
    Front-ARB
    Rear-ARB (only because you can't get the same Locker/LSD I have now for a D60)

And X2 on the Helical Gear LSD for the rear. Mine works great but the only thing you notice is you aren't spinning a wheel. Perfect IMHO.

• Front- ARB
    Rear- ARB

had to do it again would go with Eaton Elockers front and rear, nothing but issues with the ARBs leaking in the housing at the orings causing them not to engage

• Front- ARB
    Rear- ARB
    had to do it again would go with Eaton Elockers front and rear, nothing but issues with the ARBs leaking in the housing at the orings causing them not to engage

I realize an unengaged locker is worthless but has anyone seen any reliability/durability issues with the Elockers?

• I realize an unengaged locker is worthless but has anyone seen any reliability/durability issues with the Elockers?

I don't know what is in my JK but it is electric and it is REALLY, REALLY reliable. LOL.

• I realize an unengaged locker is worthless but has anyone seen any reliability/durability issues with the Elockers?

Mine's been in my front 60 for 2 seasons and locks/unlocks nicely every time I ask it to. Kinda nice just having a weatherpack connector at the axle and a switch. After fighting with airleaks, replacing orings and the front bulkhead fitting, sourcing replacement solenoids, plumbing BS with NPT->BSPT, etc on Jen's it makes me appreciate the simplicity. I don't _dislike_ the ARB's as they're pretty damned relaible and prob 90% of issues are installation related, just that I sourced them used and therefore had to deal with existing issues, etc.

--Ian

• i have always been told Lincoln locking is a grenade waiting to happen

.,=======o00o<br />//__|__l__,\___\,___<br />l_---\__|__|---&#91;]lllllll&#91;] _<br />(o)_)____(o)_)--o-)_)__

• i have always been told Lincoln locking is a grenade waiting to happen

THat depends on what you lincoln lock and how good the welder is... If you weld up a dana 30/35 then yes it is going to grenade... If you weld up a toyota 3rd without shielding gas :innocent: yes it will grenade... If you try and lincoln lock a limited slip :innocent: yes it will grenade....

BUT if you lincoln lock front and rear 60's clean the gears with brake clean and get good clean welds in the spider gears, then no it will not grenade.. not really different than a spool

• i like the ox. all mechanical, no chance of elec short, no chance of air leak, no need to mount compressor. (not saying ARB is bad, there are many other benifits to the compressor too, just stating some observations).

i have the ox and have been very pleased with it and it is easy to engage

• Detroit rear, ARB waiting to be installed in the front. I barely even notice the detroit, just a little under/oversteer depending on how I hit the gas in the turns (auto trans, 101" wheelbase, no swaybars)

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• THat depends on what you lincoln lock and how good the welder is... If you weld up a dana 30/35 then yes it is going to grenade... If you weld up a toyota 3rd without shielding gas :innocent: yes it will grenade... If you try and lincoln lock a limited slip :innocent: yes it will grenade....

BUT if you lincoln lock front and rear 60's clean the gears with brake clean and get good clean welds in the spider gears, then no it will not grenade.. not really different than a spool

i may be wrong, but i do believe that the op's ride is his dd and he doesn't have 60s or anything close to it. for a dd like his, any method of welding up gears will most likely eventually result in *grenade*

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

Edited once, last by altierior ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!