Best place to get tires?

• So, with winter coming, I think I'm going to upgrade my tires to 31's. I don't have a lift yet, or else I would grab some 33's, new rims, and be much happier. I'd like some ATs with an aggressive tread pattern. Where is the best place to look for them? I've been trolling forums, but I think I'd like to buy new. Any suggestions? Seems like I can get some for around $130 - $200. Is that about right?

Opie

• BFG All Terrains are sort of the standard. People have had great luck with them as an all around tire. Bridgestone Revo's are also pretty good. I got them on my wife's WJ and have been happy. They're getting loud now though because I'll need new tires next year. Not sure what I'll get though. I wouldn't mind getting them again but I like to try new things. Plus, since hers is only a mall crawler there's really no need for an all terrain.

I've had good luck getting tires at NTB on Kirkwood highway. Just Tires on Rt 273 in New Castle isn't bad either. I think their mounting prices have come down.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• If your buying Rims too, online will be your best deals. Tire Wheel packages can save you big $$. Tire rack and Quadratec to name a few.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Another problem with buying tires on line is that, not only is there a shipping charge but there is often a "tire handling charge". I found this out when I bought a set of tires on one of those, "Buy 3 get the 4th Free" deals.

It all added up to an extra $50 or $60 per tire. There went my "deal" because I still had to get them mounted.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I haven't clicked on everyone else's links to compare prices, but when I got tires for my car I used http://www.discounttiredirect.com. Shipping is free, and the tires were delivered in 2 days I do believe. They were only 1 month old going by the date printed on them which was great. I couldn't find the tires I got any cheaper anywhere else. I plan on using them again when I go to 35s on my TJ. Good luck!

You do own a hairdryer don&#039;t you she asked? Of course I do, he replied, it&#039;s in the driveway, it&#039;s called a Jeep.<br /><br />Current - 97 TJ, 99 WJ, 12 Scion tC<br />Past - 94 ZJ, 02 TJ, 06 Rubicon, 06 XK, 07 Scion tC

• I just bought 4 30x9.5r15 BFG All Terrain from Costco for $675 installed, this includes lifetime rotate and balance. Usually takes 3-5 days for the tires to come in.

John

Costco will not install tires that exceed OEM. They would not put 30" tires om my XJ several years back. One loop hole is if you bring your old tires and rims in, then they will install ,.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• If you choose NTB, I just saw a commercial that on saturday they are doing a buy 2 get 2 deal from 7 to noon. and from noon to close they are doing a buy 3 get 1. Maybe that will help if you look into it more.

Terms and Conditions
    Buy 2 get 2 free tire sale valid on purchase of a set of four select Cooper, Falken, Yokohama, Pirelli and other select name brand tires with purchase of four premium tire installation packages and a wheel alignment on same vehicle at time of purchase from 7 am to 12 pm Friday November 12, 2010 through Sunday November 14, 2010 ONLY. Buy 3 get 1 free tire sale valid on same product and dates and with same purchase requirements. No carryouts. Not valid with any other tire discount or offer. In-stock tires only. While supplies last. See store for details.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!