*** DEJA Trail Run *** Big Dogs Main Jambo - September 9, 10, 11

• I'm no rock crawling scientist but if you drive sideways off a large rock, gravity and physics are going to win.

He practiced a few times before he got it right. :mrgreen:

[youtube]

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/youtube]

• I know a always say that the most recent trip was the best trip but because we always add to the experience...it always is. The weather started off a little rough but turned out to be the best weather of any trip to date.

It was an incredible trip. Great wheeling, camp fires, and friends.

Here are some of my pics. There were a lot of cameras floating around with some great shots. I'll upload some more video and pics soon.

http://s916.photobucket.com/al…gs%20Main%20Jambo%202011/

Tires packed full of mud probably didn't help any either.

There was a sloppy mud puddle at the bottom.

EDIT: Here are a couple more videos.

Jason climbing boulder trail. This is harder than it looks.

[youtube]

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/youtube]

Here is another one that looks boring on video but was crazy to see in person. We gave Aaron a 50% chance of flopping on this recovery. The drop was larger than it looks.
    [youtube]

[/youtube]
    Aaron's recovery was almost as cool to watch as using the snatch block to lift Ed vertically off of a tree. This one:

• Oh yeah. One more thing. Fried turkey, fried bacon explosion, and fried Oreo's are the best foods ever invented. (I think the deep fried bacon explosion may have actually been invented this weekend. :) )

• What started out to be a crappy rainy wheeling trip ended up one of the best like always. Had a great time, only if we had some sort of volume control on sean :mrgreen:
    Some one next time please remind me not to party Fri night as if its sat night. From what little I remember fri night, Im told I had fun :spinrhead:

"world wide 24 7"

• I have to agree this trip was epic, can't wait til the next one. The short bus made it through with minimal damage, everyone in the group made without damage. Ohhhh Ed our trail entertainment whent tree hunting. 24-7 24-7. Chicken wing chicken wing hot dog and balognie chicken and macaroni. Thanks to everyone for a perfect first trip.

• The "Old Man" survived another one, although it took me about 6.5 hrs to get home! The YJ overheated on I-70 the Mount Airy exit. I was gonna pull the thermostat, but when I drained the radiator I saw the tubes were clogged. I found an Advance Auto Parts right at the exit and after a drain down, dumping in some flush stuff and the loan of a water hose (yes w/ water) it was good enough to nurse her home. Once again great food, great friends, great ride.

Randy aka "Old Salty"

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's
    &'03 KJ, 2"+ shackle lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG A/T TAs

• The "Old Man" survived another one, although it took me about 6.5 hrs to get home! The YJ overheated on I-70 the Mount Airy exit. I was gonna pull the thermostat, but when I drained the radiator I saw the tubes were clogged. I found an Advance Auto Parts right at the exit and after a drain down, dumping in some flush stuff and the loan of a water hose (yes w/ water) it was good enough to nurse her home. Once again great food, great friends, great ride.

Randy aka "Old Salty"

Wish I had known, you were about 10 mins from us.

• Thanks! Everything turned out OK, just took a little longer to get home. Just part of the challenge :bang: . I'll try to make the meeting if not, see everyone in October!!

Randy

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's
    &'03 KJ, 2"+ shackle lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG A/T TAs

• Had a great time again. I have to get my videos upoaded too. That was a pretty scary winch extracton even for me it could have floped real easily. Ian and company thanks for the great food.
    Aaron

• Had a great time....Thanks to everyone for the extraction help. I learned alot this weekend..... My Jeep doesnt like to be right side up or near trees :driving: Billys hates the wood but his Jeep loves it, Arron humps rocks, Geoff knows how to work the pipe, the other Jeff drives a mean short bus, Sal carves a mean bird, Ian can probably deep fry poop and make it taste good, Randy (aka Old Salty) builds a bad ass fire, Jason knows how to tie one on(Even if he doesnt remember ), Shawn's volume increases in direct relation to moonshine consumption.... And Last but not least.... Just because it taste like chocolate, doesnt make drinking flavored vodka any less gay. Just saying....... :suspicious:

BTW.....Wheres the video of the unique tree/rock/ spark flying extraction?

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

• BTW.....Wheres the video of the unique tree/rock/ spark flying extraction?

The sparks flying off the wheels was BAD ASS. It makes up for wussing out on the vodka. I think Laura (Jason's wife) got video.

Geoff explained why people wear their hats side ways and it made perfect sense for Sean.

I wasn't sure what Jen saw in this guy but now I understand. (Dude packs some meat.)

Me going up a hill.
    https://picasaweb.google.com/1…r2011#5651166804875845394

Aaron going up the same hill....just not as fast. :mrgreen:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!