2012 RC Club Comp. - 4/21/12

• It's just for fun. (I'm beginning to believe the organizers are forgetting why this thing started in the first place.) :bang:

I would love to compete but I won't, and my issue is this. Courses can be made technically challenging and fun, yet without the "risk to vehicle" aspect that was so prevalent last year. This is not a professional comp, it was supposed to get people interested that might not otherwise try. IMHO it is failing miserably at that and instead, due to the risk, driving people away that might otherwise try it out.

• We didn't roll anybody from Deja last year except aaron when we tried to put him on a really hard bonus line. I still think it was fun, and even with the course as hard as it was, there were ways to get around dangerous off camber situations.

• We didn't roll anybody from Deja last year except aaron when we tried to put him on a really hard bonus line. I still think it was fun, and even with the course as hard as it was, there were ways to get around dangerous off camber situations.

Billy did too techically, but "unrolled it".

Still one of my favorite videos to watch.

[youtube]

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/youtube]

Happens at 1:25

• Can't see the video at work but i remember it. Wouldn't really call it a roll but billy probably thinks he's cool because of it :innocent: Billy, you're not a real jeeper until you go end over end.

He was more worried he scratched the stainless than anything. :hysterical:

• Can't see the video at work but i remember it. Wouldn't really call it a roll but billy probably thinks he's cool because of it :innocent: Billy, you're not a real jeeper until you go end over end.

Dibs on spotting for Sal. I called it first. :rollsmile: ;)

He was more worried he scratched the stainless than anything. :hysterical:

I still wouldn't have to worry about it rusting. :razz:

• That was the most stupid loss of a cone I have ever seen. Nobody is allowed to run this year with d rings in!

• I would love to compete but I won't, and my issue is this. Courses can be made technically challenging and fun, yet without the "risk to vehicle" aspect that was so prevalent last year. This is not a professional comp, it was supposed to get people interested that might not otherwise try. IMHO it is failing miserably at that and instead, due to the risk, driving people away that might otherwise try it out.

All I just read was, 'blah blah blah I'm chicken shit' :innocent:

We have Bill as our class 3 and Sal as a class 2 - that have given me their info.

Pat has chickened out not given me his info and Ian was an 'only if needed' in Ed's jeep.

The courses were hard last year but I have a feeling they will be easier this year. Worse case you take a cone. I'd do it but I'm chicken shit. :mrgreen:

The registration needs to go in if we're going to compete. Otherwise DEJA is going to be spectators this year.

• I'd like to toss in my JK as a class 1/2 rig but feel that I'd be at a big disadvantage to the guys with lifts and 35s compared to my 32s and stock suspension. I fit in the Class 1 rules if I disconnect the front locker, but I think I could fit into the Class 2 rules to add the front locker if I add a 4 point harness. Would be funny competing in a STOCK rig, though. :innocent:

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Lol Tough crowd around here. :) What class would my rig end up as, 3?

• Lol Tough crowd around here. :) What class would my rig end up as, 3?

Class 2.

The only reason Ian and I are classing ourselves out is the ORI's put us in class 3/4. We are also both going to be stretched over the 3" limit. You'll still sneak in under class 2 though.

Id like to get it drivable before i fsck more stuff up...plus we would need a tow rig to bring me up/back and aarons double rig is out

No balz. Get your tires balanced and drive that junk up. :)

• Class 2.

The only reason Ian and I are classing ourselves out is the ORI's put us in class 3/4. We are also both going to be stretched over the 3" limit. You'll still sneak in under class 2 though.

Usually I get called low class. :laughing:

No balz. Get your tires balanced and drive that junk up. :)

If it gets you to compete I'll tow your POS up there... :innocent: Hell, if I end up still having to compete w/ Ed's 'street' jeep and you con Aaron into loaning out his GN I'll bring both up. Just sayin'

--Ian

• I'll run you goobers. I'm currently trying to find my driver's license since my wallet has decided to go missing. I'll still be towing up and may or may not stay for a sunday ride.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!