2012 RC Club Comp. - 4/21/12

• Yup. We need to represent.

We are going to need some volunteers to compete. I'm hoping to be VERY illegal by then so I'll do whatever I can from the sidelines.

We'll do sign up's in Member Only early next year. It's always a really good time and hopefully they ease up on the course difficulty a little this year. :driving:

• I'd like to compete, but not really set up for it as it was last year. I will judge again. I watched all the clubs run the course I was judging last year and I saw the same mistakes made over and over, including flops when their time had run out or they were out on points. Kyle told me how he set up the course and it made a lot of sense. Since I can't do it as a judge, I think we need an observer for every course to report to the spotter so the same mistakes aren't made. Of course we can't do that on the first course we run. Just a thought!

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's
    &'03 KJ, 2"+ shackle lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG A/T TAs

• i should be ready to be the class 3 jeep if you want me on the team.

aaron

You've been a huge help every year. We'd love to have you.

We need three more members to jump in. Since it came up, I'll post a sign up in the members only forum and we'll go from there.

• i hate to do this but it looks like i cannot make this event. its the one weekend that i already have a commitment. it looks like billy or ian will have the fill the class 3 slot.

sorry,
    aarron

• OK, here we go. The best way to describe the courses that we are going to "try" and set up are.......(drum roll please), as challenging as last year, but with less "off chamber" situations. You might be going up and over vs side hilling. We want to also use more of the natural coures, like the Gauntlet's etc.... We have no control over rig designs and driver's abilities, so we cannot gurantee that there will be no roll overs.......

With that said, "are you ready" ?????

R/C will be accepting Team Entry Forms as of 2/1/12. Check need to be made out to Rock Crawl Enterprises LLC. Any members that do not have a current annual pass with R/C will have to renew that prior to the event. You will still have to register in the morning. PLEASE BE THERE EARLY TO REGISTER. We will have someone in the office, just for the competitors. The $40.00 donation will go toward expenses of the event.

We will have a couple of Tech Inspection days prior to the event, the night before the event and "early" on the day of the event. DON'T WAIT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE. You will only be holding up the event.

Scoring will be the average of the 4 rigs on each course and the average of the courses for the day. The Shootout style will annouced at a later date. The actual number of courses and if you will be running all 4 rigs on all of the courses will be determined by the number of clubs participating. We don't want to turn any clubs away, but only have so much daylight to work with.

If you are not sure what class your rig falls into, here are the requirements for Class 2, 3 and 4. We will be folloing Class 2 rules (no front digs, no 4 wheel steering etc...). Just to be clear, you can enter with a Class 1 rig, but you will have some additional issues with only 1 locker.

• That sounds a lot more comforting...

:laughabove:
    ugh....The impact from an end over is so much worse than a side flop or roll. I'm surprised they even posted that. :doh:

Keep in mind that with proper spotting and some level of brake/throttle control, it's very tough to roll or flop.
    Most, if not every roll I've ever seen was from a driver pretty much knowing the consequences and doing it anyway because there was a slight chance of success.

Bottom line is I wouldn't let this difficulty talk scare you off. If there is a chance of going over, we'll just take a cone or time out.
    It's just for fun. (I'm beginning to believe the organizers are forgetting why this thing started in the first place.) :bang:

• Bill if you need class 1 or 2 jeep to fill team i would be interested you said what i wanted to here the word fun! i know we are not going to loose tho!let me know if you need me?

Wayne

• I'd like to do a Class 1 thing, but the Rubicon has two lockers. lol

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• ahh... forgot about that. yeah, I know I could unplug the locker, but I don't want to risk something blowing up in the computer. lol fancy high tech Jeep... I doubt my stock JK could compete against Class 2 rigs. :)

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!