the jeep wave

• The description of an obvious "soccer mom" in her KJ implies that it is just another car to her. You never know if that KJ is taken out on the beach every weekend...which in my mind means she could be wheeling her KJ just as a Jeep should be - hence I would wave. It doesn't kill me to pass along a wave. :8)

Unless of course you think that going on the beach isn't considered wheeling...

• The description of an obvious "soccer mom" in her KJ implies that it is just another car to her. You never know if that KJ is taken out on the beach every weekend...which in my mind means she could be wheeling her KJ just as a Jeep should be - hence I would wave. It doesn't kill me to pass along a wave. :8)

Unless of course you think that going on the beach isn't considered wheeling...

I thought it was the "Jeep wave" not the "wheeling wave".

Don't really see what whether a Jeep goes off road or not has to do with waving.

• Wow, I am so ashamed, :-[ I will from this day forward wave to all. I will leave the judgment to Keith! :mrgreen:

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• I usually open my window, give a loud [size=4]"HEY!"[/size], and flare my hand and arm wildly out of the window. But other drivers usually don't return the wave, I don't understand...? :rolleyes:

• two pages & i held my tounge. sorry i've had enough. i've bin wheelin cj's since i was 18 years old(30 years now) "IT'S A JEEP THING" not a cj , wrangler, wrancho, cherokee thing!!!maby i got no class, maby i got no kooth,but the only "rule" is your a free living son of a gun.anybody who says you should or shouldn't wave,wink ,shout, moon or make a dam fool of yourself if you want to in my opinion doesn't know what it's realy about. i got away from jeepin for a couple of years ,had the oppertunity to pick up a jk (total wreck) from a junkyard,made it roadworthy,everything smashed bent&broken fixed,4" lift ,HD front end,full engine skidplate,sliders all fabed in my garage, with a little help from my friends &family. looking to swap out t-case, lockers, 4:88 gears,fab front & rear bumpers,after that who bknows what? my point is I wave at any &every body i want to. some look at me like i have 2 heads, others wave back & i'm sure are thinking "that crazy s.o.b. must love driving off cliffs just like me.whatever you wheel, if you feel like your jeepin, you probibly are!

• My New Years Resolution is to wave at all Jeeps no matter if they are 2 wheel drives, Compasses, Soccer-momish, street blinged with 22"dubs, or even a Ricer Honda with a random Jeep sticker next to the coffee can muffler and stick on fender vents. I shall wave and wave proudly. No more judgement for me. No longer will people accuse me of Jeep bigotry , or "Jeepotry" I can now hold my head and hand up and wave like a Steeler fan waving a terrible towel. For now you and your families can sleep well knowing they will be cheerfully waved at with out sarcasm and with out the obligation to wave back..

Thank you

Steve :wavey:

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• My New Years Resolution is to wave at all Jeeps no matter if they are 2 wheel drives, Compasses, Soccer-momish, street blinged with 22"dubs, or even a Ricer Honda with a random Jeep sticker next to the coffee can muffler and stick on fender vents. I shall wave and wave proudly. No more judgement for me. No longer will people accuse me of Jeep bigotry , or "Jeepotry" I can now hold my head and hand up and wave like a Steeler fan waving a terrible towel. For now you and your families can sleep well knowing they will be cheerfully waved at with out sarcasm and with out the obligation to wave back..

Thank you

Steve :wavey:

:laughabove: :roflmao:

• This thread is hysterical.

1. My wife is a soccer mom and especially come summer only wants to drive the TJ, so please wave. She doesn't wheel but thinks the jeep is the coolest thing ever. doesn't that count?

2. 90% of wrangler owners wave back, I stopped waving to other jeeps as I don't think they know to wave either

3. Is it really a wave? I thought it was a cool, casual, 2-3 finger "peace sign" like, hey dude, kind of gesture ie wave. My soccer wife is the one who waves like she's just caught up with an old high school girl friend. I duck if in passenger seat.

4. Agree who cares if they wheel or not, Jeep wouldn't be in business if the other 95% of people didn't buy em.

Lots of laughs on this one.

• I think the waving energy should be related to what the other person can give back. If you both have your tops and doors off, then your arm should be out the door, waving like it's on fire. :D haha at any rate, I'll stick my arm out the window if it's open (but don't wave it) and if the window is closed, a full hand if they're too far away to see the 2 finger "wave".

I love making stuff overly complicated. :innocent:

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• This thread is hysterical.

My soccer wife is the one who waves like she's just caught up with an old high school girl friend. I duck if in passenger seat.

a girl i dated in college thought the jeep wave was awesome too. from the passenger seat, she would flutter her hand above the windshield when i had the top down... :doh:

women...you gotta love them

• Only thing better is when my 4 and 7 year old girls are in the Jeep too and start mimicking mom's wave. Too much estrogen in my house, I'm gonna get back to watching UFC!

• I wave at any Jeeper I see... especially modified Jeeps as I would figure they probably know the "Jeep Wave"... but have only gotten a wave back like maybe three times in the almost four years I've owned my XJ!!

If you don't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them!!!!

• I thought the wave was a wrangler thing. I wave at all wranglers. well, when i'm paying attention... :laughing:

• I usually wave at all wranglers and lifted XJs. However, I have got the "Wave" from a few lifted Sammi's and Toyota's which I always return.

I'll stick my arm out the window if it's open (but don't wave it) and if the window is closed, a full hand if they're too far away to see the 2 finger "wave".

This ^

Quick dana 35 test: kick one of the rear tires. If the axle breaks, it&#039;s a 35<br />01 TJ Sahara<br />TJ- 4.0 5spd, 8.8, RE 4.5&quot; lift, RC X-Flex Arms, 1&quot; BL w/ MM Lift, Clayton/JKS Trackbars, 33&#039;s, Rusty&#039;s Rock Bumpers, XRC Sliders, PIAA&#039;s, Delta H4 Conv, CB, Skids<br />Future Mods: Going back to 3&quot; springs with Johnny Joints on all the arms.

• The Jeep Wave goes back a long time. I can remember riding with my father in his '58 CJ2A in the early 60's and another Jeep coming the other way he would raise hand up off the wheel. Then in the mid 70's when I had my 1st CJ5 regardless where you were or it be lifted or bone stock you gave the wave be it a couple fingers off the wheel or the hand above the windshield. Just a good gesture as the ole saying goes "It's a Jeep Thing"

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!