Jeep robbed

• I haven't even had it for 6 months and already some scumbag vandal has broken the center console lock, robbing everything inside.

I parked my jeep with the doors off in the front row of my state office parking lot. (which is monitored by 8 security cameras, god criminals are stupid) At 9:10am a black man walking with a wobble or limp can be seen casing the entire parking lot. After walking by my jeep twice he returns and hops in. He spends 4 minutes inside, breaking the center console completely. He steals a bluetooth headset, a Garmin Nuvi 1450LMT, a pair of polarized Smith sunglasses (my spare pair), a husky multitool, and a pocket knife. He probably used the last 2 items to continue breaking into vehicles. Fucking scumbag.

Anyway, I have him on tape. I'm filing a police report and insurance claim this morning. I'm out $250 for my deductible because of some waste of life.

• That sucks! Hopefully the security camera has a decent picture. Out of curiousity where is your state office located?

I was wondering that too, as I stare nervously out my state office window at my open Jeep.

• I was wondering that too, as I stare nervously out my state office window at my open Jeep.

I know, I can't see the parking lot from my window but hey I have criminals walk by mine all the time, luckily none have them have messed with it. I think they're afraid of me :) Course more often then not lately I've been in the mommy mobile, but Jeepin weather's here!

• That bites!
    After market center console lock or factory? Either way, would it be appropriate to contact them about it's unreliability and/or FREE replacement?

• That sucks! Hopefully the security camera has a decent picture. Out of curiousity where is your state office located?

Someone broke into one of our fleet cars at the university plaza office the other day. Right in the middle of the day. Busted out the window and stole a co-worker's GPS.

Our building doesn't have cameras so I'm always careful about leaving stuff in the back of my pickup when I'm here. We have a few Jeepers here in the building but i don't think any of them have had trouble.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

• I work at the Public Archive in downtown Dover. The camera has a decent picture, but wasn't enough for police to ID the guy. I have 2 disc copies of the theft occuring. 1 for Dover PD, one for insurance. After reviewing the vehicle with the cop, I noticed he broke the glove box as well (which was locked) and got what looks like blood on my back seats when he climbed to the back to search for things.

It was a stock console lock and stock glove box lock. I'm going to try to have insurance replace them with Tuffy pieces.

My guess is he got in, ripped the center console open and in doing so cut his hand. Then he used the knife or multitool that he stole to try to unlock the glove box (you can tell something was shoved into the lock) and then got blood on the seats climbing into the back. God I just want this guy dead in a serious way. I know in the grand scheme it's minor, but I don't have sympathy for scumbags who do this shit.

• They offered the fingerprint the vehicle at my request, but they warned me the dusting process is permanent and can do more harm then good, especially since I've touched around a lot of the areas he had. (pull handles, console, etc.) He said if they were to get the dust on my seats or anywhere else in the vehicle I would never get it out. I had no idea the stuff was so serious.

• They offered the fingerprint the vehicle at my request, but they warned me the dusting process is permanent and can do more harm then good, especially since I've touched around a lot of the areas he had. (pull handles, console, etc.) He said if they were to get the dust on my seats or anywhere else in the vehicle I would never get it out. I had no idea the stuff was so serious.

Way to go distrubing the crime scene.. haven't you ever watched Bones or CSI? :doh: :laughing:

• It is great to know that the State has used our taxpayer money to install cameras that are useless in performing their secondary task, identifying suspects in the event of a crime. Of course their primary task is to alleviate the State of any fiscal responsibility in the event of a crime on State-owned property as they can say they had them in place. Should give everyone a real warm and fuzzy feeling in the event you are robbed or worse. Awesome...

• It is great to know that the State has used our taxpayer money to install cameras that are useless in performing their secondary task, identifying suspects in the event of a crime. Of course their primary task is to alleviate the State of any fiscal responsibility in the event of a crime on State-owned property as they can say they had them in place. Should give everyone a real warm and fuzzy feeling in the event you are robbed or worse. Awesome...

Exactly. I watched the footage at every zoom and angle I possibly could and I still couldn't make out anything aside from basic features. Black male, thin build (140-160), between 5'7" and 6', and walks with a slight limp in the right foot/leg. Could have been temporary or due to him having my shit in his pockets. Apparently a nearby DNREC lot was hit recently as well.

...This is why we can't have nice things!

• Locks only keep honest people from opening things.

Indeed, especially when you're talking about a lock surrounded by plastic. You can just yank hard on almost any glove box a couple times and it'll open up. Tuffy has some good upgrades, but nothing is fool-proof.

I'd say replace the glove box with stock and never lock it. But keep anything important in the center console drop-in: http://www.quadratec.com/products/14125_1XX_PG.htm or this: http://www.quadratec.com/products/14142_001_07.htm throw a blanket or cargo mat over it and it'll be invisible. There's also the "concealed carry drawer" http://www.quadratec.com/products/14040_0001_07.htm but it's intended more for hiding a gun inside a Jeep with the doors still on, you'll see the box if you look under the seat.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• If you send it into the News Journal the description will read like this... "...male, thin build between 100-250 lbs. Ht betweeen 4' and 7'6". Slight impairment in right lower extremity..."

• If you send it into the News Journal the description will read like this... "...male, thin build between 100-250 lbs. Ht betweeen 4' and 7'6". Slight impairment in right lower extremity..."

You're not kidding! I used to see the state police news releases, it was fun/sad seeing how many details that TNJ would remove if the suspect wasn't caucasian. I remember one bank robbery where it was two black women, one was wearing a burka and the paper just said "head covering" plus removed all mention of ethnicity.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Someone tried to break into my 08 JKU glove box. They ripped off the handle but never got in. I have learned to keep nothing in my boxes and leave them unlocked. That way they get nothing and they don't rip up the handles and locks. If I do need something that day I keep it in the trunk compartment and lock the tailgate.

I hope they catch him.

• Just think all of these robberies could have been prevented with one good sniper on the roof. All the police would have to bring to the crime seen is a piece of chaulk. Nothing says stop better then a .50 cal. Just smile and wait for flash !!!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!