"family" wheeling

• i would really like to get the wife n kids out on some trails and maybe a little camping or something.... but i have been to r/c and know they definately wont enjoy rocks much.... i was thinking something ULTRA green type, more or less sightseeing type stuff. whats close? fun? maybe close to some other attractions to make a weekend of it? (3 yr old girl, 7 yr old girl) before anyone asks... lol

• i would really like to get the wife n kids out on some trails and maybe a little camping or something.... but i have been to r/c and know they definately wont enjoy rocks much.... i was thinking something ULTRA green type, more or less sightseeing type stuff. whats close? fun? maybe close to some other attractions to make a weekend of it? (3 yr old girl, 7 yr old girl) before anyone asks... lol

I know it's not until August but I was thinking about guiding a green family group in my JK at the topless for TaTa's event. RC has plenty of spots to safely play around and some good picnic spots as well.

It would be fun to get some of the kids together in the same group. I know my three kids would enjoy that. I'll post up when it get's closer to see if there is any interest. :)

As for good camping/wheeling, George Washington may have some spots left. Not sure. Some of the regulars would be able to answer that better.

• Have you guys tried geocaching? It's a nice outdoors type hobby. Most of the trails at the Wharton State Forest in NJ can be done in 2wd, but it makes it a lot of fun navigating the sandy trails trying to find geocaches.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Think of it as treasure hunting on land. People hide different "geocaches" in various areas rated by difficulty of getting to the location. They are searchable by GPS location and various hints are given to finding the object. Usually there is some sort of "sign log" that you can leave your mark on for successfully finding the object. Some are take/replace where you take what you find but leave something of your own behind. It's a neat/cheap way to spend some time adventuring.

• I missed the cutoff for the tatas... gwnf may be a good option.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

GWNF is great, great trails easy going. I went when i was 6-7 months preg n loved it. great for the kids also

• There's always the pine barrons and it's free.

I'll second that.... did the pine barrens jamboree last fall. great trails, good mud and water hole crossings and like mentioned already completely free. we wheeled in the wharton forest and that's just a sample of what's available. my 12 year old daughter and her 9 year old friend did not want to leave.

• Well then... sounds like pine barrens for a quick trip and ill have to schedule in to roll with the club to gwnf in the fall. Long ride tho huh?

• yeah i don't think you can get away from the lengthy drive. It takes us about 2 hours to get there. you'd have to cross the Del Memorial, or depending on your timing you could do a two day weekend and incorporate a ferry ride into the mix...

• Fwiw... when most people talk about the pine barrens, they're talking about Wharton State Forest. there are other areas, but that's the closest so it's more popular. It's about an hour from the DE Memorial Bridge. And, it was my first experience offroad with my Cherokee... way back in the day when it was still stock! :)

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Good thinkin Lincoln... do a ferry ride. Then just drive home when done at the park. I like it. The drive comment was actually directed at gwnf... I don't mind an hour or 2

• clarification time:

Well then... sounds like pine barrens for a quick trip and ill have to schedule in to roll with the club to gwnf in the fall. Long ride tho huh?

"long ride"=gwnf

Good thinkin Lincoln... do a ferry ride. Then just drive home when done at the park. I like it. The drive comment was actually directed at gwnf... I don't mind an hour or 2

"an hour or 2" = pine barrens...
    :doh:

• Can't really compare the 2.

Pine Barrens = sandy water, lots of pinstripes.

One of the biggest pros of GWNF is the camping, campfires, friendship, etc.

It's worth the ride IMO.

• Sounds like it, but wouldn't be as fun with just a few ppl vs going with a dozen or so other jeeps and spending the weekend out there. Just makes it more worth the trip IMO.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!