Any AR people on here?

• Post up what you have and what you'd buy again or not buy again.

In the next few day's I'm ordering a Daniels Defense Ambush 6.8 in Mossy Oak Break Up. I'm taking it Hog hunting this fall and was wondering what you guy's might be using for sights, scopes etc.. and any accessories you suggest.

Not looking for arguments for buying a 5.56 instead of the 6.8. I've done extensive research on this and I'm set on the caliber. I know ammo is more expensive but eventually I'll buy another upper in either 5.56 or 22 cal for plinking.

Let me know?

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• My advise is don't start. It is a sickness worse then jeeps. its starts out with one rifle, then you get spare parts. The spare parts turn into another rifle and then another and another and another.......

• At least guns don't lose their value like Jeeps! Lol
    I know what you mean though.

Former V.P. (2006-2007)

• what did you find in a 6.8 ballisticlly that made this your choice ? i have been involved in firearms for many years. was it just the fact that its in an AR config . ?

• Walking out the door now so I don't have time to post ballistics but the short of it is:
    More knock down power then the 5.56, flatter trajectory then .308 and overall weight of the gun is lighter than .308 and less recoil than the .308.
    I did want an AR style platform due to rapid fire. When you pig hunt they typically come out in groups and for a very short time period. You want as many shots as possible in a short time period.
    I've hunted with a 300 win and my inline 50 cal before but could never get more than one shot off before they scattered.

Just trying to increase my odds. :innocent:

Former V.P. (2006-2007)

• I have a Rock River Arms Tactical Operator 2 AR-15. Love it so far. Only things I've gotten for it are a couple of PMags from Magpul and a BCM Gunfighter charging handle from Bravo Company USA. Using a Nikon P-223 scope that I like so far. Thinking about getting a Magpul B.A.D. Lever and MS3 sling. Just for target and shtf purposes right now although it has struck first and second blood at 200 yards. I need to work on 300 more.
    :soapbox: That's all folks.

• i was already familer with the balistics of the 6.8 . although you state reasons for the choice...... muzzle energy to target is by far ( to me ) more important of a reason than just a platform . not trying to have a pissing contest here . i was wondering why you went in this direction . happy hunting and good luck ..

• They are addicting. Bought my first one bone stock no thrills DPMS Sportical back when i knew nothing. Now i have completely rebuilt it, Built another AR15 completely from spare parts i had, Building an SBR currently, and broke down for a .308 last year.

• I'm also scheduled for a hog hunt down in Hemingway, SC at the end of Jan '13. I picked up a Remington 770 in [color=rgb(51, 51, 51)]30-06 Springfield. Like you said I'll only have one shot before they run. I've been looking for advice on scopes also to replace the low end one that came on it. [/color]

• I put a Leupold 3X9-40 with BDC on my 50 cal inline and love it. I can shoot 250 yds and keep it in a 2.5" group and at 300 a 4" group. Not bad for black powder. Anything 100 yds or less you can drive tacks with it. I've had a few different kinds of scopes over the years and this one is my favorite so far. I'm sure there is much better but for $350 it was the best I could find and had awesome reviews. I shoot a Red Dot with adjustable dot size and brightness on most of my other guns now and love them too. Great for 100 yds or less shots but if you want to go longer than that then you'll need magnification.

Former V.P. (2006-2007)

• Atglen Sportsmens club in Atglen Pa
    They have up to a 500 meter range.

Former V.P. (2006-2007)

Edited once, last by Wolverine ().

• Where are you guys shooting at those distances? I've thought about buying one but Elk Neck is the longest range I know around here.

I thought you were from the Dirty Jerz? Quinton Sportsman Club has a few ranges with the longest being 200 meters.

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

• Atglen looks like it is closed for new members and Quinton has a $300 :upset: membership application fee. I probably only go 3 maybe 4 times a year so hard to justify.

Yeah, I am from Dirty Jerz but when I was growing up there we only shot with the gun sideways and that doesn't really work past about 5 or 10 yards. :razz:

• It's a drive, but the Bridgeville Rifle & Pistol club is working on 600 and 1000 yard ranges. Unfortunately their site doesn't have any info about the ranges. I know they have a pistol range and it's not mentioned at all on their site.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• It's a drive, but the Bridgeville Rifle & Pistol club is working on 600 and 1000 yard ranges. Unfortunately their site doesn't have any info about the ranges. I know they have a pistol range and it's not mentioned at all on their site.

2nd on this, this is where I shoot. They have a 100-300 yard range, and then I think they already have a 600 yard range on the left when you first come in. But yeah, the 1000 yard range is in construction. To my understanding it won't always be available as it will require the tactical range(primarily where Bridgeville PD get their range time in), handgun range(25-50 yard) to be closed as it uses the 100-300 yard range.

As for pricing, they require you to be a NRA member, a one time $100 fee for a share in the company that you get back whenever you leave, and an annual fee of $75.

• The 1000 yd range at Bridgeville will be for use for Long Range NRA Matches, and also Palma type matches. They also have a 600 yard range, with firing points at 200 and 300 yards for NRA HP. F-class, and bench rest. Numerous pistol bays. One of which is reserved for the PD. They have IPDA, and CAS shooting also. Also have an indoor range for bad weather 22 shooting.

I've got a HP Match AR, 24" target barrel. It's good out past 600 yards... much better rifle than I am a shooter thats for sure!
    (P.s The rifle is for sale!)

• The 1000 yd range at Bridgeville will be for use for Long Range NRA Matches, and also Palma type matches. They also have a 600 yard range, with firing points at 200 and 300 yards for NRA HP. F-class, and bench rest. Numerous pistol bays. One of which is reserved for the PD. They have IPDA, and CAS shooting also. Also have an indoor range for bad weather 22 shooting.

I've got a HP Match AR, 24" target barrel. It's good out past 600 yards... much better rifle than I am a shooter thats for sure!
    (P.s The rifle is for sale!)

What Caliber?

Former V.P. (2006-2007)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!