Hockessin JK

• Hello Everyone,
    I keep seeing DEJA stickers around the state and decided to check out the site. I have owned a few jeeps over the years. 1976 cj5, 1983 cj7 laredo, 1996 Grand Cherokee and Currently have a 2011 Rubicon unlimited.
    The JK has an AEV 3.5 lift, 35in Km2s on crusher rims and Ace rock rails. I am trying to work on my fabricating "skills" and made a custom diamond plate "trunk", double two inch recievers on the front for my surf and an enclosed diamond plate trailer for misc hunting and fishing gear.
    Took the JK to Rausch Creek for the first time this summer and the wife loved it. Thought it would be great to make some Jeep friends to join up with!
    Thanks in Advance!
    Todd

• heres a few more pics of what I've done so far.
    Made a Trunk (not quite done in pic)
    Sprayed polyurea in the tub (like lineX.) what a PITA to do!
    installed my first lift kit!
    Made a new 3rd brake light.

• I like the back cover. I bet that gets hot in the summer though.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Thanks Guys.
    Believe it or not Slimer it actually doesnt get too hot. I think it reflects the sun more than it absorbs the heat. I built it to keep my surf fishing gear locked up down the beach. You can actually fit quite a bit of crap below and strap more on top. If anyone is interested you can buy 4x8 sheets at steel and metal liquidators in newport. (I think I paid around $160 ). I'll be pulling mine off when I put the hardtop on so your more than welcome to use mine as a template. (I had to use cardboard to make the origional template, what a Pita that was!)
    Todd

• What's in the trailer?

After switching surf fishing rigs from a 2500hd to a JK unlimited, I ran out of space. I use the trailer to carry all the beach crap in one place, just the necessitites: high lift jack, tow rope, board for jack, beach chairs, boogie boards for kids, pop up hunting blind and bucket (hillbilly outhouse),fold out 5 ft table, grill, 5 gallons of water, 10x10 tent, ammo boxes with varrious shackles. spare 30 pk of miller lite (just in case!) I also have my 5ftx2ft renyolds rack on the front packed. I have been told I have a bit of an issue with bringing too much stuff and being too prepared! Of course my friends stop busting my #$#$ whenever they forget something and need to borrow it from my.
    Been stopped by DNREC a few time just so they can check the trailer out, kinda funny! Jeep tows it on the sand like its not even there.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!