[b]Sterring Box about to go NEED HELP!![/b]

• New question :question: ..... does anyone know where i can get a new sterring box, mine is about to go it was leaking pretty hardcore when i first bought my jeep and now with my 33's its getting a lot worse :sniffle: ... what should i get... stock or heavy duty and where can i get it.... mostly a road driver eventually when it warms up the beach and if i can get around to it a trail or two here and there but mostly for the road.....

• You might want to post the type of Jeep you drive?? If it is a YJ I would go stock replacement. If a TJ you can replace with a waggy box.

• A popular CJ steering box upgrade is one from a J20. It's supposed to be a variable ratio box.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• i got mine from advanced for 130 i think plus 35$ core when you bring in your old one and it has a lifetime warranty or something....when you get yours let me know i still need to install mine....im in dover too

-kevin

It's A Jeep Thing...You Wouldn't Understand
    *bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*

• $130 Is an excellent price....I paid something like 180 for mine at PepBoys, its still working well a year later....

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

• hey thanks you guys that helps alot, yeah i saw one in essentials i think for like 340 wasnt to happy about that but I'lldefinetly look around.... urban, I'll let you know.

• A little offtopic
    but
    Bold tags dont work in the subject line.

I learned this weekend about AA compared to the Pep Boys. I am driving to DE to get all my parts as there is no AA close to me. The 3 thieves are jeep auto rapists.

• Quote from "Elff"

. The 3 thieves are jeep auto rapists.

Amen to that... :down:

Chuck

"I mean, I've always been a libertarian. Leave everybody alone. Let everybody else do what they want. Just stay out of everybody else's hair." - Clint Eastwood -

• not yet....I think i'm just gonna order a Warn winch plate that bolts right to the factory holes (where the hooks bolt to the frame rails with star drive bolts)......
    I was gonna try and fab something, as I have a welder and plasma cutter, but I figure by the time I find a place to buy the metal stock I need to do it, i could've been done with it 3 times over. Time's more precious a commodity to me these days than money (read: wife generating endless "honey do" list) :doh:

Chuck

"I mean, I've always been a libertarian. Leave everybody alone. Let everybody else do what they want. Just stay out of everybody else's hair." - Clint Eastwood -

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!