Seat cover advice/review

• Just got a pair of seats for my yj but they don't match. Looking at covers but read mixed reviews. Anyone have any covers they really like, or certain ones to stay away from? Thinking about getting neoprene not set on it. Any help would be much appreciated

• Im going neoprene... heard they fit well and easy to clean. I have one on my tumbler made by rugged ridge and it actually faded. So atleast stay away from them. Im looking at the custom ones that quadratec has on thier site.

Anytime you take your 20+ year old jeep apart plan on fixing more them you intended.

• Im leaning more towards the wet okole ones myself they look fairly decent... and I like the design your own cover idea.

Anytime you take your 20+ year old jeep apart plan on fixing more them you intended.

• I got a set of Pep Boy cheapies that say Zombie Response Vehicle. I went for the coolness factor. Of course now that the zombie Apocalypse didn't happen I guess that wore off. But that's OK because I doubt they will last more than a year.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Yeah kinda like the jeep seat covers for 39.95 $.... the passenger side was great till I got a fishing hook caught in it... please dont ask. And I had a bait knife in my back pocket and cut the drivers side..... really bad. How does the wet okole heated seats hook up... I was really interested in those but electrical is not something im good @.

• Yeah kinda like the jeep seat covers for 39.95 $.... the passenger side was great till I got a fishing hook caught in it... please dont ask. And I had a bait knife in my back pocket and cut the drivers side..... really bad. How does the wet okole heated seats hook up... I was really interested in those but electrical is not something im good @.

They plug in to cigarette lighter and have an on/off toggle. Work great.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

• I personally like red head ones. They can be a little harder to install than blondes but you can usually take them on more "challenging" rides.

:laughabove: I agree. My personal choice as well!

Reading good reviews on coverking neoprenes. Quadratec has deal right now buy front covers and get back for free

My wife bought me these 2 years ago. They probably would've lasted a bit longer if my dogs weren't in my Jeep as much as they are. Got little holes from their nails and then it was downhill from there. Once my drivers seat started tearing it didn't stop. The dirt showed pretty easily on the gray/black and they didn't clean up that well in the washer either. They're still in only b/c I'm doing a seat swap soon.

If you're gonna spend the coin I'd go with the Wet Okoles as well. Just make sure they're well maintained.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• I'm getting Marathon Seat covers for my truck. Made out of 1000 denier Cordura nylon. Basically tactical nylon. Tough as nails and waterproof.

*bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*<br /><br />&quot;Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. <br />One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.&quot;

• I had wet okole's and was very disappointed. I maintained them and they wore awful. Had the seats covered in maring grade vinyl and they were much better.

• Looks like UV damage caused that. I know the Wet Okoles need to be protected properly. If you get them, buy the care kit and use it or they will not last as they should.

Yeah, I wasn't all that kind to them. I only treated them 2x with the care kit. They were machine washed maybe six times and they did fade significantly. The little holes are from my dogs nails. The big hole started small from the dogs nails but sliding my large arse across them sealed their fate. :laughing:
    All in all they lasted a little over 2 years. My next set will be something like those cordura covers. They'll take some abuse!

• thanks guys. unfortunately i ordered the coverkings before i read kuntryboys review. I installed them today, they don't cover 100% of the seat as i was lead to believe they do, but they cover enough i guess. ended up going with them because there is a special being run right now where you get rear cover free ($120 value) i got the uv protectant i will make sure to keep seats treated. any idea how often i should treat them?

• thanks guys. unfortunately i ordered the coverkings before i read kuntryboys review. I installed them today, they don't cover 100% of the seat as i was lead to believe they do, but they cover enough i guess. ended up going with them because there is a special being run right now where you get rear cover free ($120 value) i got the uv protectant i will make sure to keep seats treated. any idea how often i should treat them?

I wouldn't hold too much weight on what I stated earlier. Remember, I didn't treat mine so well. I'm sure with a bit more TLC than what I did and theyll more than likely last a bit longer than the 2 years that mine did. I remember that trying to get the flaps through the gap where the seat and back meet was a royal PIA! Good luck with them though. They are pretty nice covers.

• I bought the Bestop seat covers for my TJ about 6 years ago. I have been very happy with them! The only thing I have noticed is that the elastic has started to stretch within the last year. They still fit well and look nice. Very easy to wipe the mud off, especially after my kids tromp across them...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!