** DEJA Trail Ride @ -Anthracite- Sat July 27 2013 Signup **

• 1. Stafford - camping at least one if not both nights
    2. Whatevah - Green/blues
    3. Stomper
    4. JKRanger08
    5.hookedonthebay + 1
    6. Solomi - will do any trails, probably be camping also (fri night)
    7. KnoxRents - hard stuff if possible, just a tour if not, camping Friday night
    8. Hagar The Horrible +1- Greens/Blues
    9. Shorebird
    10. JKGray10 - Tentative (I won't know for sure until we are closer to the date)
    11. cj8 - Tenative & camping (if so)
    12. Buster Stewart
    13. Astape, should be good for a 2 day trip

3. Stomper
    4. JKRanger08
    5.hookedonthebay + 1
    6. Solomi - will do any trails, leaving sat morning.
    9. Shorebird
    10. JKGray10 - Tentative (I won't know for sure until we are closer to the date)
    12. Buster Stewart

3. Stomper
    4. JKRanger08
    5.hookedonthebay + 1
    9. Shorebird
    12. Buster Stewart
    14. 2000sahara, Im a definate maybe. Prob head up on Sat morn

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

3. Stomper
    4. JKRanger08
    5.hookedonthebay + 1
    9. Shorebird
    11. cj8 - camping
    12. Buster Stewart
    15 daddanelena im in and will camp I will do 2 day trip too!

• Ok I need a little direction / help. I gather the group wants to camp at RC Friday night till Sunday. Do the AOAA property on Sat. and RC on Sun. If this is correct let me know before next weekend. If so we may want to check with RC to make sure they are ok with that, I think they will be. If they are not or we want to camp some where else I will take a road trip up there next weekend and do some scouting around. Let me know so I can plan my weekend.

Keith

• I, for one, would appreciate it if you would keep looking into our camping options. I had originally planned to camp, but haven't made any final plans, and now my Jeep's down now. I finally got a chance to pull my rear brake apart and found more damage than expected. The carrier plate is bent, but I think I can press it straight, and I found that the axle is twisted slightly at the splines. This might have happened when it locked up before broke loose. If I can find a D35 non C clip stock axle cheap, I'll put it back together and run it, but it's time for a 44 or and 8.8 and I don't want to spend any more than I have to on the 35.

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's
    &'03 KJ, 2"+ shackle lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG A/T TAs

• Got this list from the guys at Anthracite

CAMPGROUNDS WITHIN 30 MINUTES OF AOAA

1. Knoebels Grove Campground
    (570) 672-9555
    391 Knoebels Blvd, Elysburg, PA 17824
    http://www.knoebels.com

2. J & D Campgrounds
    (570) 356-7700
    973 Southern Dr, Catawissa, PA 17820
    http://www.jdcampground.com

3. Lake Glory Campground
    (570) 356-7392
    96 Eisenhower Rd, Catawissa, PA 17820
    http://www.knoebels.com

4. Mossypoint Campground
    (570) 274-1267
    479 Bear Hollow Rd, Elysburg, PA 17824
    http://www.mossypointcampground.com

5. Ideal Park
    (570) 799-5740
    129 Ideal Park Rd, Catawissa, PA 17820

6. Spring Brook Family Camp Grnd
    (570) 799-5118
    675midia Dr, Catawissa, PA 17820

7. Splash Magic Campground & RV Resort
    (570) 473-8021
    Northumberland, PA 17857
    http://www.riverandfun.com

8. Fantasy Island Campground
    (570) 286-1307
    401 Park Dr, Sunbury, PA 17801
    http://www.fantasyislandcampground.com

9. Irish Valley Campground
    Phone: (570) 286-8501
    Verizon Wireless call toll free: (570) 259-3395
    e-mail: irishvalleycampground@yahoo.com
    Mailing Address: Cheryl & Bob Reitz
    146 Captain Bloom Road, Sunbury, PA 17801
    http://www.irishvalleycampground.com

• Removed myself...grrr, still mad I'm gonna miss this.

• Made some changes on the campground info.

OK I did a bunch of web serfing again this morning. I checked on a place called Irish Vally Campground its suppose to be 10 miles from the trail head according to google maps. The cost is 25 a night for a tent site, I'm going to run up there on Friday and check it out. I'm also going to run from there to the trail head and see how long it takes to get there. I'm going to call them later today and see if they are booked up for that weekend, I'm going to ask for Friday the 26th till Sunday the 28th. Right now it looks like we will need about 6 sites. If evereything looks good I'll confirm our reservations. Post up if you have any questions or concerns.

Keith

• Talked to Mike from AOAA there is a fee to use the property. Its $20 for a driver and $10 for a passenger. He will take cash the day of event however he would prefer to have a check. I'm thinking I can collect the fee on the day of the event and I will write them a check from my business account. There is also a waiver to fill out I printed about 15 copys of it so you can fill it out up there, you can also go online to their web site and print it from there. There is no fee for the guides they are volunteers who donate the time for this. Maybe we can give them a tip when we are done?

• 1. daddanelena im in and will camp I will do 2 day trip too!
    3. Stomper
    4. JKRanger08
    5.hookedonthebay + 1
    9. Shorebird
    11. cj8 - camping
    12. Buster Stewart
    15 Jeffsjk- heading up Sat morning as long as my gears are done and that's the only thing that is broken.

• Ok folks I went to the AOAA property today and met with Mike he is one of the many volunteers that (work) there. I also went to Irish Valley campground and checked it out. The camp ground is nice they have a group tent area that should work out well for our group. If we stay in that area its $5 a nite per person, if we stay up on one of the sites it will be $25 a nite for 4 people per site. The camp is 10 miles from the trail head about a 15 minute drive. They are a cash only place so plan on bringing greenbacks to pay. Next stop AOAA property. The place is HUGE standing at the current entrance almost everything you see is owned by them. As of rite now I believe we will be doing 2 groups a blue and a black group. Some of trails the black group will be doing are brand new in March they have not been used since and may need a little spruceing up. Mike also mentioned that some of the other groups (Land Rover Club) said that the trails were harder then the RC colors, we'll see about that!! Getting there wasn't to bad I went thru Morgantown and Reading took 183 to 901 into Shamokin took a left on to 125 then onto the trail head. The trail head is about 5 min outside of Shamokin. It took me about 2 hours from Morgantown to get there. My wife and I also found a nice place to eat in Shamokin its called Harrys it's kinda like O'Neals but cheeper and the food was really good. If you have any questions or need more details call me or send a PM / e-mail.

Keith

• If your not camping I guess we will meet at the trail head. Since this is a longer trip for some and we have more day light I think we could / should plan on an 8:30-9:00am start. I will leave the time open for discussion and suggestions.

• Ok Aaron I guess your not going to be camping that weekend? If any body else wants a later start just post up your thoughts. I would like to have everything sorted out by the 19th so I can let our guides know. I also would like to give the campground a heads up on the number of campers and what area we will be using.

• Here is the list as of right now. If any of the information is different please make the changes and repost. Could you also please list the type of trail you would like to do Blue or Black.

Thanks Keith

1. daddanelena im in and will camp I will do 2 day trip too!
    3. Stomper- camping
    4. JKRanger08-camping
    5.hookedonthebay + 1
    9. Shorebird- camping
    11. cj8 - camping
    12. Buster Stewart
    15 Jeffsjk- heading up Sat morning as long as my gears are done and that's the only thing that is broken

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!