New Member from New Zealand by way of Maryland

• Kia Ora - Good afternoon

I wanted to introduce myself as a real newbie.... I'm on my second Jeep but first time that I will be able to start learning what my jeep can do. I used to have a 1997 Jeep Wrangler Sport which I loved. However, it was my main form of transport and although the engine kept on going, everything around it was falling apart.

I finally bit the bullet and bought myself Jeep Rubicon Unlimited and very happy that I have. I get the best of all worlds in this beauty! Enough room for myself, fiance and dog plus tent, chilly bin (cooler), clothes and whatever we happen to be doing - hunting, fishing and I'm hoping to add 4-wheeling...

My next move is to see if i can get a 101 course very soon as I signed up for Topless for Tata's run this year! Nothing like jumping in right?

ha ha
    Hope to see y'all over the coming year.
    Kiwi

• Welcome! I know jeeps can handle any terrain... but how are you gonna get it from new zealand to here? :razz: good to see new people in the forums.

Anytime you take your 20+ year old jeep apart plan on fixing more them you intended.

• Glad you found us Carla! Everyone, Carla is a hoot, and is a great addition to the Jeep Family AND to DEJA! She's already signed up for TaTa's.
    Welcome Carla!
    Glenn and Nancy

• Welcome! Great crowd to hang out with and to learn from.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Welcome to the fray! :innocent: I've had my Jeep for about 3 years and am still trying to get her trail worthy.... well maybe it's more getting me trusting her enough that she's trail-worthy. :doh:

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• Thanks for the warm welcome - its certainly appreciated!

So my fiance doesnt have to work weekends through the month of May so I'm looking to see if i can get my feet wet.

What do you suggest as my first run?

Is there a calendar put together someplace other than just posts in the forum perhaps?

Hmm hopefully i got the image upload ...

Kia pai to ra
    Kiwi

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!