• After my session with Aaron last night I'm gonna need to replace my stock tank skid and my X-fer case skid when we do some much needed maintenance on my YJ this winter. If anyone has one or both in unbent condition, I'd be interested. I know a tummy tuck and a real gas tank skid would be the way to go, but I'm trying to work within a budget so I can still afford to wheel my Jeep. :) I just want to get this out there and I'll probably be bumping it for a while.

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's
    &'03 KJ, 2"+ shackle lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG A/T TAs

• Transfer case skid can be made farely inexpensively.

I had upgraded to a diamond plate gas tank skid that I bought second hand off a guy. It's pretty stout.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Thanks for the input. I'm gonna keep the feelers out and see what I can locate.

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's

• Check out http://www.undercoverfab.com that's where I got my T case skid from. Got it around Christmas 20% off and free shipping. I upgraded to the 1/4" for $50.00 more and only hangs a 1 1/2 or 2"
    Below the frame.

Neill

In a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog.

Edited once, last by 92Renegade ().

• Neill (92renagade) found me a gas tank skid at the q'tec tent sale. Still looking for for the one for the t-case.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!