new toy...PICs added

• Traded in my 97 with no heat-LOL for a beautiful 2004 rubicon with heat last night :up: . Already done, 4", 33s, rims, discos, diff skids and so on. ( pics to come) but looking at it have 2 question.
    (1)It has a VOLANT snorkel and not that I am going to do it now but how do you take the doors off with the snorkel there? Space the snorkel out?
    (2) New to the rubi, how does the locker work? Is it only 4L or????
    Thanks,
    PS, YES I know..... :worthless: but did not get home till late. Pics to come- :doh:

• (2) New to the rubi, how does the locker work? Is it only 4L or????
    Thanks,

Lockers only work in 4lo from the factory.
    Shift to 4lo . Press the button once . Rear locker light flashes , move a few feet . Locker engages . Light goes steady .
    Press the button again . Front locker light flashes . Move a few feet , light goes steady , locker engages .
    Pressing the button again will toggle the front locker off .
    Lift the button will dis-engage the lockers .
    There is a way to override the lockers and switch to work when in 4hi .
    Just google Rubi Locker override

Cant wait to see it .

• LOL, since I was the salesman and we took it in on a trade I had to jump on it for the price :rollsmile: . Only put 8 miles on it so far. LOVE it. Big boy toy now. Had it on the lift for an hour, no rust anywhere and in awesome overall condition. So I am like a pig in shit now :up: Only thing it needs it a shift boot. Previous owner misplaced it or something. :doh: O'yea, the heat is nice also

• Was going to keep it as it runs great and just had Aaron fix it last Sunday but decided to trade it. The ride on the 97 was harsh, every bump would jar your teeth. The Rubicon rides like a Cadillac compared to the 97.
    Thanks for the comments. Now I feel like I have a "real jeep".

Yep the side steps are going to go, black out the head light rings, seat covers, new tires ( swampers look good but not the best on the road) , then some bumpers and flat fender. Going to wait till it warms up a bit for now though. Drives great but at around 40ish the tires start to go silly. Tuesday have a appointment to re balance them. Not a big fan of the snorkel but nothing I can do about it now so it is going to stay.

• Very nice. Got an 03 tan Rubi last year and love it. Switched to DuarTrac 33's. Ride is noticeably quieter and smooth and tread is perfect for me on the beach. Good Luck.

• Very nice. Got an 03 tan Rubi last year and love it. Switched to DuarTrac 33's. Ride is noticeably quieter and smooth and tread is perfect for me on the beach. Good Luck.

I am going to also go with the DuraTracs. Hear all good things about them.

• Rob, nice rig.... not too sure how your snorkel is mounted, but I run the river raider snorkel and had to make two modifications to get the doors off. I did use nylon spacers between the snorkel and the body but still had to modify the hinge pins on the door. Note that if you modify the pin you will NOT be able to use the hinge nuts. I had to cut about a half inch off the bottom of the top and bottom pin, this gives the allowance to clear the hinge mounted to the body when you lift on the door. What r u doing with the swampers that you are replacing?

• Rob, nice rig.... not too sure how your snorkel is mounted, but I run the river raider snorkel and had to make two modifications to get the doors off. I did use nylon spacers between the snorkel and the body but still had to modify the hinge pins on the door. Note that if you modify the pin you will NOT be able to use the hinge nuts. I had to cut about a half inch off the bottom of the top and bottom pin, this gives the allowance to clear the hinge mounted to the body when you lift on the door. What r u doing with the swampers that you are replacing?

Hey Bob, Yea, was thinking about how to get the doors off. Should not be to bad to do I hope. If need be I will trim the pins as there are no nuts there anyway. Since I work at the dealership I am checking on prices for the DuraTracs. I wont be doing anything till after the holidays. The swampers on it now don't have a lot left but the spare is new. I will let you know if/when I decide to unload them if you are interested in them.

• Looks Beast, cant wait to see it driving around Dover. Now all you need is a good snow fall! :driving:

Thanks. Really enjoying it a lot to be honest. OK,,,, I freeking love it-lol :doh: . Was kind of hard to say good bye to my 97TJ but I am over it now. Was under it today at work and saw it has aftermarket skids on the front diff, steering box and radiator so off to a good start.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!