gas mileage

• What are you getting????
    On the 04 rubicon running stock gears 4:10 ( I believe) with a 4.0 and 5 speed and 33"tires I am getting 150 miles to a tank ( check with 3 tanks now). This is my fourth jeep but don't remember only 150 to a tank. Granted one was a 1946 CJ2A, One was a 1986lifted and a 97 TJ but only 150????
    Just wondering

• When you put the bigger tires on did you change change the speedo gear? If not then you're speedometer is wrong.

I only get about 10 to 11 mpg in my Jeep and can get about 120 miles out of a tank. I fill up every 100 miles. But mine is probably not a good comparison for you.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• When you put the bigger tires on did you change change the speedo gear? If not then you're speedometer is wrong.

I only get about 10 to 11 mpg in my Jeep and can get about 120 miles out of a tank. I fill up every 100 miles. But mine is probably not a good comparison for you.

NP241 doesn't have a gear.

You need an electronic recalibrator.

• I don't really get how you calculate "miles per tank" unless you fill it and drive it until it dies.

Gas tank gauges are notoriously inaccurate.

I would think you could calculate your difference in mileage between fill ups, and then look at the pump when you are filling and see how many gallons you added. Calculate difference in mileage, then divide the mileage by the amount of fuel added? That would give you MPG. then you can calculate miles per tank by multiplying by the gallon capacity of your tank.

FWIW, I get about 10mpg on 37's with 4:10's on a 2003 rubicon tj with 5 speed manual. Needless to say it doesn't travel far :roflmao:

• On a full tank, around 140 miles.

That's in a 4 cylinder running 30's. Stock gears.

This is usually where you put a signature, instead I'll let everyone know I am looking for a CJ8 Scrambler.

• I'm running 200 miles between fill ups usually takes 15-16 gallons each fill up
    I have 35's with 4.88's and the 6 speed man 4.0

05 unlimited rubicon teraflex long arm kit poison spyder rocker guards 35" pro comp extreme mud terrains

• Wow I've got 31's on my 4 banger with 1.75" lift and have been getting a consistent 16.5 mpg winter and 17.5 summer... I've had a few tanks they were mostly highway miles and got more and some towing a trailer this summer where I got less...
    here's a screenshot from my fuel log app where I've logged more than 11000 miles and have over 17 mpg average...
    URL=http://s1228.photobucket.com/user/wwch99tj/media/Screenshot_2014-01-09-19-19-54_zpsnmhjxwm9.png.html][/URL]

On a full tank, around 140 miles.

That's in a 4 cylinder running 30's. Stock gears.

• i get usually get 16MPG on my JKU 3.6L 3.73 gears with 33's. been averaging 14.5 to 15 with this recent weather

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!