Numbered surf permits and a proposal to do away with active surf fishing rule.

• Friend sent me this:

The numbered surf tags idea is great since Delawareans are obsessed with low plate numbers but doing away with the active fishing requirement would be a horrible idea IMO.

I agree... The actively fishing requirement needs to stay in place, its already bad enough as it is...

• I get that people want to keep it exclusive. But 90% of the people just have place holders in the water. What's the difference?

*bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*<br /><br />&quot;Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. <br />One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.&quot;

• I get that people want to keep it exclusive. But 90% of the people just have place holders in the water. What's the difference?

It's everything but exclusive the way it is now. If they go to a numbered system then it will be exclusive. As Stafford said, why change it now ?

• It's everything but exclusive the way it is now. If they go to a numbered system then it will be exclusive. As Stafford said, why change it now ?

Being able to buy a certain number won't make it any more exclusive.

As far as the actively fishing clause, like has been said it's kinda redundant.

• I say no the changing the active fishing rule. As it is , people dont respect that some of us actually enjoy fishing and go there to actively fish.. I've actually had someone ask me not to fish so close to his kids. I told him that its his responsibility to make sure his kids respect the fishermen.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Being able to buy a certain number won't make it any more exclusive.

As far as the actively fishing clause, like has been said it's kinda redundant.

Sure it would, if they sell lets say on average 500 permits and decide to limit it to lets say 300 there is going to be people who are going to lose out. I fished Brigantine NJ beaches for 15 years, they use to be an unlimited system and decided they were going to limit sales to 500. What a frigand mess that was, tags went on sale the first business day of the new year at 9:00. You had to get in line at the police station at 5AM to get a tag, they sold them out by days end.

Don't follow me, you won't make it....

Edited once, last by hookedonthebay ().

• Being able to buy a certain number won't make it any more exclusive.

It's not a limited number of tags. The numbered ones will just be like the black DE tags. The rest of the normal tags will all be for sale as usual.

It's just a way to make quick revenue.

• that would be so bad. think of all the morons in the minvans, audi's and mustangs (yes) that already try and drive out.

besides just the general mass confusion, think of all the drunks all leaving the beach at the same time

• Hey Keith, I mis understood the "numbered" permits thinking they meant a limited number of tags as other shore points have done, yea I edited this as you really don't warrant any further response.

• I dont have an issue with the non-fishig part. I only say that because I dont fish and havent gotten a tag because I dont feel like fake fishing to drive on the beach. I think the fact that you need a tag will still keep people that shouldent be there off. I know when I lived in VB and used to go to OBX alot there was alot of idiot tourists that would go down and get stuck in there 2wd cars. Now that you need surf tags there it has limited that situation. My jeep club in VB cleans corolla beaches anually and half the stuff that we used to clean up was undercariage plastic parts from cars with no clearance. I dont know the DE regulations but I would hope its at least limited to 4wd with a resonable amount of clearance.

• I dont have an issue with the non-fishig part. I only say that because I dont fish and havent gotten a tag because I dont feel like fake fishing to drive on the beach. I think the fact that you need a tag will still keep people that shouldent be there off. I know when I lived in VB and used to go to OBX alot there was alot of idiot tourists that would go down and get stuck in there 2wd cars. Now that you need surf tags there it has limited that situation. My jeep club in VB cleans corolla beaches anually and half the stuff that we used to clean up was undercariage plastic parts from cars with no clearance. I dont know the DE regulations but I would hope its at least limited to 4wd with a resonable amount of clearance.

DE requires 4wd and 7 inches of clearance. I've seen little Subarus out there and doing ok. 1 advantage of the non-fishing rule is that folks can go out there and surf and kayak from their spots, and the fake fisherman wont get their lines tangled up caus they only threw it out with 2 oz of weight .

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Edited once, last by deadfeat ().

• DE requires 4wd and 7 inches of clearance. I've seen little Subarus out there and doing ok. 1 advantage of the non-fishing rule is that folks can go out there and surf and kayak from their spots, and the fake fisherman wont get their lines tangled up caus they only threw it out with 2 oz of weight .

"from their spots" will never happen, current, tide and wind. If it's designated a fishing beach that's what you should be doing. If you want to swim go to designated swimming beach. Yes maybe there should be more swimming beach vehicle accessible. That would give us "real" fisherman a place to fish without worrying about accidentally (or purposefully) hitting somebody with six ounces of lead or sticking them in the ass with a 6/0 hook. I fish seriously when on the beach and have paid to do so, the asshats that roll down the beach with a pick up bed full of kids, parks right on top of you, and turns the lids loose swimming in over and through the lines is bullshit.

• Allowing swimmers on the fishing beaches is an accident waiting to happen. People WILL get hooked, WILL get tangled in the lines and whose fault will it be? Not the swimmers because they paid to be there. Not the fisherman for the same reason. It's going to get ugly in this sue happy world.

I have already been fishing and lost my lore. An our or so later some kid came up with my lore stuck to the bottom of his boogie board. He was lucky (plus I was lucky I got my lore back).

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• John, thats a lure, not lore, but your point is valid, fishing is the reason for the tag, and it remains the reason many go there. There will always be folks in the water, they have to yield to the fishermen.

• the asshats that roll down the beach with a pick up bed full of kids, parks right on top of you, and turns the lids loose swimming in over and through the lines is bullshit.

Asshat checking in. :mrgreen:

If you are on the beach on Saturday at high noon, expect some asshat's....then again if you are fishing at high noon on Saturday, you're doing it wrong.

I'm out there year round and there really aren't any interactions with REAL fisherman and us asshats. Fall, winter, and spring are the best beach times anyway. :fishing:

John, thats a lure, not lore

Oh, no wonder I can't catch anything.

Asshat checking in. [img alt=:mrgreen:]http://www.delawareja.com/foru…/default/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]

If you are on the beach on Saturday at high noon, expect some asshat's

Nothing wrong with kids on the beach or a family having fun as long as they are fishing or at least acting like they are fishing but NOT SWIMMING where people are fishing.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Edited once, last by Slimer ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!