Numbered surf permits and a proposal to do away with active surf fishing rule.

• Nothing wrong with kids on the beach or a family having fun as long as they are fishing or at least acting like they are fishing but NOT SWIMMING where people are fishing.

If someone is actually fishing, we stay clear of them. If the kids are swimming, it's always our lines or some of the other posers we hang out with's lines they are swimming in.

• Billy, you know what I mean by asshats, there are a fair number of people who make sure their kids stay clear but there are also the parents that pull up, dump the kids then forget that they even brought kids. The last time we were down two pickups pull up fully loaded with lids in the beds, kids went crazy parents looked the other way, then the parents told them to go and try to ride their boogie boards down the big dune that the park rangers just roped off. I wasn't insinuating that kids shouldn't be there, hell my daughter goes with me all of the time but she is respectful of who ever is on either side of us and doesn't swim in their lines

• John, thats a lure, not lore, but your point is valid, fishing is the reason for the tag, and it remains the reason many go there. There will always be folks in the water, they have to yield to the fishermen.

I thought he was telling the fish a story :)

• Why not make a section of the beach where you do not have to be fishing? When that section fills up then that's it. I think recreational beach use would be a great asset for Delaware residents as our beaches are over run by tourists.

• Why not make a section of the beach where you do not have to be fishing? When that section fills up then that's it. I think recreational beach use would be a great asset for Delaware residents as our beaches are over run by tourists.

That has actually been discussed, and that is a decent compromise. That way areas like the Point could be dedicated to fishing.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

I feel like that would just be even less room for the gung-ho fishermen ... people fake fishing would still go to the fisherman beach.

• Its simple really, Just don't allow swimming at the fishing beach.

Swim at your own risk is a much better alternative. Isn't most of DEJA anti-big government? ;)

Unless someone discovers new Delware shoreline I still think the best option is what we have now. If it's opened up to anyone without fishing, expect to be doublestacked or not able to get on the beach after 9am. It's busy enough as it is during the summer. If a person can't afford a fishing rod or your kids aren't smart enough not to swim into the fishing line or clear a path while you're casting then you should probably just stay home anyways.

• Swim at your own risk is a much better alternative. Isn't most of DEJA anti-big government? ;)

Unless someone discovers new Delware shoreline I still think the best option is what we have now. If it's opened up to anyone without fishing, expect to be doublestacked or not able to get on the beach after 9am. It's busy enough as it is during the summer. If a person can't afford a fishing rod or your kids aren't smart enough not to swim into the fishing line or clear a path while you're casting then you should probably just stay home anyways.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

[youtube]8rh6qqsmxNs?t=35s[/youtube]

• :laughabove: Classic Carlin.

So if they pass this bill and have separate areas for serious fishermen and.....US.... then we won't have to go out on the surf fishing beach and fake fish.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• :laughabove: Classic Carlin.

So if they pass this bill and have separate areas for serious fishermen and.....US.... then we won't have to go out on the surf fishing beach and fake fish.

John, I'll wave to you from the real fisherman side. :wavey: :fishing:

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

• I'll wave back in between catching waves. :spinrhead:

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I'll wave back in between catching waves. :spinrhead:

Is there a decent place in DE to catch waves? I havent explored much but I was in rehobeth and bethany over the weekend and the waves break to far in to catch anything. Or do I just need to wait for a storm?

• No not really. Not for surfing or boogie boarding anyway.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Is there a decent place in DE to catch waves? I havent explored much but I was in rehobeth and bethany over the weekend and the waves break to far in to catch anything. Or do I just need to wait for a storm?

Main problem with DE and surfing, is the steep slope that causes the breakers to swell and slam on the shore really fast. Not many spots to get a long ride. There are a few surfer areas, but even still they generally suck. Jersey is better for waves.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!