2010 Rubicon with no lockers

• Did Jeep make an option for for no lockers on rubicons? I have a coworker with a 2010 Unlimited Rubicon and I dont see the locker switch anywhere. She was asking me about airing down for the beach and I told her to just use her lockers. She asked what are those...? So I explained and she stated she didnt have them. Upon a quick look in her jeep I didnt see the switches.
    Any ideas?

• Nope. Lol does it have the swaybar button? It's possibly just a base model that somebody put stickers on...

Oh, check the vin.. the 6th position should be a "6" if it's a real Rubi.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

Edited once, last by whatevah ().

• Nope. Lol does it have the swaybar button? It's possibly just a base model that somebody put stickers on...

Oh, check the vin.. the 6th position should be a "6" if it's a real Rubi.

Or someone scavenged it before trading. It's been known to happen.

• So my coworker finally confirmed that her jeep is not a Rubicon. She took it back to the dealer and they gave her the option of they can turn it into a Rubicon or they can cut her a check for what she paid vs. what a non-rubicon was worth at the time. She took the money. Crazy they sold it to her that way.

• So my coworker finally confirmed that her jeep is not a Rubicon. She took it back to the dealer and they gave her the option of they can turn it into a Rubicon or they can cut her a check for what she paid vs. what a non-rubicon was worth at the time. She took the money. Crazy they sold it to her that way.

Did she buy it new?

• Did she buy it new?

No, she bought it used. Looks like someone installed a bunch of Rubi take offs. It had the right tires, red rubi shocks, and hood decal. It was just missing a few small things like lockers, swaybar disco, and skid plates...

• They had to of known. Wouldent it have come up somewhere in dealing with the vin number and titling process? At least they took care of it.

It could also have been an honest mistake. On this site, we think it's obvious but to most people, the Rubicon is just a sticker.

• What dealer was it? If it was a jeep dealer then they knew.

Surprisingly it was Carman Jeep. I actually like that dealership. I'd like to think it was a mistake but she said the reran the VIN when she went there and it defiently didn't come up as a Rubicon. But the sticker they put on the window clearly said Rubicon. I'm just glad they were solid enough to admit they were wrong and make a deal with her. I dont know what happened the dealership so I won't make any assumptions of if they tried to knowingly scam her.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!