Northern DE Coffee Meet

• From the poll, it looks like it will be on the 27th but none of these coffee meet and greets are official. So, if anyone wants to meet up tomorrow, go for it.

I'm gathering the rest of my hardware today and then I'll be diving into my swing out tire carrier project tonight and early tomorrow. If I stop in the middle of it, knowing me, I won't get it done. If, by some act of God, I get it finished up tonight then I'd be willing to meet up but that's pretty short notice and I'd hate to be that guy. Plus I have other projects for the Jeep that I've been slacking on. Guess I should try and get as much done as I can while I still have the bug to work on the Jeep. The cooler weather is much nicer to work in when you're a shade tree mechanic! :laughing:

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• Okay, so let's set the date and place for this meet-n-greet.

Date: Saturday September 27th
    Time: 9am
    Place: Penn's Place
    206 Delaware Street New Castle DE 19720

If anyone else is interested, I am planning on showing up a bit earlier to take the dogs for a walk down through Battery park. I'll probably get there around 7:30-8ish. Anyone who'd like to is welcome to join me. If you have a four legged fuzzy friend bring them too.

• I might be able to join you earlier. I'm doing the Aids walk in Wilmington so I won't be able to stay long for the coffee.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• If anyone hasn't been to Old New Castle before, it's a nice artsy town. Battery park has a really nice paved path that follows the river. It's about 3.5 miles round trip. I like to run it when I can.

Saturday nights the Nora Lees French Quarter Bistro has live blues music playing which is usually pretty cool. Food is o.k. but the service there is typically lacking. Jessop's Tavern serves a pretty good traditional American meal. They have pretty good beer selection and the atmosphere is quaint and relaxing. Penn's Place has pretty good coffee and Latte's. They seem to have a good selection of muffins, scones, and small cakes too. Very friendly atmosphere. I know the owners so I may be bias.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Date: Saturday 9/27
    Time: 09:00 (07:45 for dog/human/pet walk through Battery Park)
    Locale: Penns Place in Old New Castle
    206 Delaware Street New Castle DE 19720

Hope to see y'all there!! :up: :up:

@Keith- you still have to work Friday night?

Edited once, last by Kuntryboy816 ().

• I will be there early and leave about 9. I am doing the Aids Walk in Wilmington.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• [color=rgb(37, 28, 14)]You may want to get there early to get a parking space!!!
    :driving:
    September 27, 2014[/color][color=rgb(3, 98, 177)]New Castle Hundred Lions Club 44th Annual Art on the Green[/color][color=rgb(37, 28, 14)]09/27/2014 - 10:00 AMBattery ParkNew Castle, DE 19720New Castle Hundred Lions Art & Craft Show10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.Saturday, September 27, 2012 (Rain Date October 4th)Held in Battery Park on the banks of the Delaware River
    Art on the Green is an annual Art & Craft Show in Historic New Castle DelawareStarted in 1970, it is the 4th Saturday in September.Sponsored by New Castle Hundred Lions Club
    Over 200 artists & crafters; free admissionFood Vendors, Free admission, Free parking, Free shuttle busesATM onsite at Information Booth
    [/color]

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!