Km2 vs MTR, vs MTZ vs ??

• Need new 35 x 12.5 x 15 asap, need for daily driver, and trails rida, rocks and beaches. I am leaning towards the MTRs Kevlars for all around utility. I also like the MTZs but know little about them..... I plan to order tires tomorrow.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

Edited once, last by deadfeat ().

• Need new 35 x 12.5 x 15 asap, need for daily driver, and trails rida, rocks and beaches. I am leaning towards the MTRs Kevlars for all around utility. I also like the MTZs but know little about them..... I plan to order tires tomorrow.

I can only comment on the MTZ's...

Been very happy with them overall.

Moderately noisy on the road.

My only negative feeling is on slippery stuff they seem to lack.

On my last ride at R/C there was a hill climb and it was wet and slippery and I was the only one that couldn't make it after multiple attempts.

Also ended up doing a 360* this past winter on an inch of snow over ice on one of the windy roads down here. :o

I would personally go with the MT/R's if your budget allows it.

• Had Km2's, went to MTR's when I went to 35's. Bought Duratracs for wife's Rubicon. For daily driver, duratracs are the better choice. I've got no complaints about my mtr's, except on ice and hard pack snow.

• 4wd does discount tires, I bought Maxis Bighorns and all new rims should have been around $1300 paid just under $1000 for 35's mounted and balanced shipped to my door last summer, they did accept the club discount.

• Haven't driven on the others but I loved my mt/r's when I daily drove and did rocks. Would've gone the same for the trailer queen except the sidewall on the treps in the red label version bought me over.

• I second the comment for Duratracs, siping makes a world of difference. But, I have the KM2s on my JK, very quiet and perform well offroad. I've got a sliced sidewall but no leaks. I did want the Duratracs, but these are the only narrow 33" tire for a 17" wheel.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• I realized if I order now they will arrive while I'm traveling, so I will order next week, figure the MTRs are my best option. So next question is where to have them mounted ?

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

• I realized if I order now they will arrive while I'm traveling, so I will order next week, figure the MTRs are my best option. So next question is where to have them mounted ?

I've been very happy with the Goodyear on rt40 in Bear. They were even stupid nice enough to sell me road hazard on my MTRs and honor it without a problem when I did rip a sidewall.
    http://www.goodyear.com/en-US/…ear+DE+19701+US/000167054

• I love my mtr's on the rocks. They were good on the street but louder than my km2's for sure. My Km2's were great all around but I got a better deal on the mtr's when it was time to replace. Discount tire has good deals shipped to your door. Id say both of those are good choices but the mtr's look a little meaner. Ive seen mtz's get sidewall punctures more than ussual.
    Firestone by the dmv off 495 is good about dealing with oversized tires. Good prices too. Im headed there next week because I want to ditch the beads in my street tires and try weights.

• Did they have the MTR's in Stock? Last time I tried to order from them in January they Didn't have the 35's, website said yes, but I got an email saying no they were back ordered. I was getting Tires and wheels mounted. They still wanted to send me the wheels... go figure.

• Did they have the MTR's in Stock? Last time I tried to order from them in January they Didn't have the 35's, website said yes, but I got an email saying no they were back ordered. I was getting Tires and wheels mounted. They still wanted to send me the wheels... go figure.

Crap, called them,... still back ordered.. No wonder the great price.

• Crap, called them,... still back ordered.. No wonder the great price.

Tirerack has them in stock currently...a little more but if you need them now. $214/each plus the rebate. If you know someone w/ an account you can likely get a little off that and pick them up in new castle. I've got a guy at work that has a wholesale acct but he won't 'share' his deal except with a few people anymore.

--Ian

• Looks like Wally world is my best bet, $226, Free shipping to store and $60 Visa card rebate. final price $912.00 plus $12 a wheel install. Should be in by 4/14-4/21. All ordered, thanks!

Edited once, last by deadfeat ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!