Fish Tales From Slower Lower

• Just got back from a week of surf fishing at the Cape and Indian River. Few dogfish and skates were caught until yesterday.... Landed a 150lb+ stingray after a 2 1/2 hour fight. Paying for it dearly today.

• A few pics from the weekend.

We went to Herring Point Friday and ran into Captain and hung out with him and Kim for several hours.

Saturday a few of us ended up at Faithful Steward.

There was a pretty steep berm at the high tide mark that proved a little challenging to a couple of us.

• is that a portable shitter or shower I see in one of the pics? Wife and I saw one that same color the last time we went to the Cape. We are looking for one of these.

84 Cj 7 AMC 150, 4.5" BDS Lift, Twin Stick, BF Goodrich 35s...

98 Grand Limited (Wife's)
    ~Always interested in trades~

• Your wording is very eloquent. ::) It was used for a changing room but could be used for a shower or potty. I bought it at Walmart.

• Billy got the Rubi stuck.... HAHA Glad I wasn't able to come out when Billy asked me to. My truck would hve been done HAHA

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

• I was down on 3R's today. Caught one blue on finger mullet and got attacked by a million flys. I expected them to be there but not that bad. Does anyone have ways to keep them off?

Current Jeep - 2012 JKU Sport - Gibson dual exhaust<br />Gone but full of memories - 99 TJ 2&quot; Skyjacker spacer lift, 32&quot;x11.5&quot; BF Goodrich AT&#039;s, hood mounted hi-lift jack, tow hitch, Reynolds Surf fishing rack

• I was down on 3R's today. Caught one blue on finger mullet and got attacked by a million flys. I expected them to be there but not that bad. Does anyone have ways to keep them off?

They are pretty persistent.

Get something with like 99% Deet and it'll help a little.

Bet bet, if a land breeze is predicted stay home.

I used stuff that was 98% DEET and that was the only thing that kept the flies off of me. But I had to reapply it after about an hour. I

had stuff that was 30% DEET and that didn't help at all against the flies. The stuff with Picaridin didn't work either.

Make sure you wash it off when you get home and it will melt your toenail polish...............if you are wearing any that day LOL!!

• Thanks Keith and Patti. I'll have to remember to get something. I saw last night on Wboc that it would be westerly(the wind) but I took the chance maybe the wind would shift. I lasted about 2.5 hours.

Current Jeep - 2012 JKU Sport - Gibson dual exhaust<br />Gone but full of memories - 99 TJ 2&quot; Skyjacker spacer lift, 32&quot;x11.5&quot; BF Goodrich AT&#039;s, hood mounted hi-lift jack, tow hitch, Reynolds Surf fishing rack

• Thursday we went offshore on the boat I have been fishing on this summer "Current Affair" out of sunset marina, OCMD.

Headed south of the Washington Canyon and north of the Norfolk Canyon, where a VA Beach boat caught and released 39 White Marlin the day before.

Keep in mind boats for the last 6-7 days are releasing 12-20 white marlin, many of them.

So we head out, ended up releasing 5 out of 8 seen white marlin. And the best catch? a 500lb blue marlin that i caught!! What a rush, it came up on the left teaser, then went to hit the naked ballyhoo (Which was on a TLD 20, :help:) we pulled that one in before it hit the bait and it went over to another on of the 20's trolling the same thing, then we repeated process, got the pitch bait out on the 80lb class real, dropped it back and cleared all the other lines and this monster just exploded on it, jumped everywhere then dove deep, i fought it for about an hour, and at some point during the jumping it had managed to tail wrap itself, so everytime it came up to the surface it just thrashed the top and couldnt jump anymore. We got the release, first blue marlin ever caught on that boat, and the g/f's dad of course had first dibs on the fish, but he went to take a shower right before the bite! So the pole ended up in my hands. What a summer, I caught 10 white marlin total, and a 500lb blue marlin, a fish of a lifetime let me add. Avid offshore fisherman sometime never get that opportunity, what a memory.

Heres what a 500lb blue marlin looks like:

that was weighed in at 490lbs.

but the good news is we had the bridge video camera on, so.. video soon to follow :spinrhead:

1997 TJ 4 banger 5 speed, 4.88&#039;s, detroit tru track in the front d30, RE 3.5,OME shocks, JKS 1.25&quot; BL, 33&quot; BFG A/T&#039;s, Llama bumpers tire carrier, Hi lift

• WOW! That is great James. Congratulations on that monster! :fishing: They don't come around every day, as you well know! Enjoy!! :beer:

thanks man, it was incredible, waiting to get the video footage, then i have to edit it and stuff, hope to have it up here by next week!

1997 TJ 4 banger 5 speed, 4.88&#039;s, detroit tru track in the front d30, RE 3.5,OME shocks, JKS 1.25&quot; BL, 33&quot; BFG A/T&#039;s, Llama bumpers tire carrier, Hi lift

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!