shop for jeeps?

• hello cant belive i just found this site haha
    so currently i'm having a hard time trying to find a shop around DE to install a 2.5 inch lift
    so far i asked dealer and they ask over 1500 labor cost to install a mopar 2inch lift with fox shocks(1500 part cost)

OK4wd & tires somewhere in PA 2 and half hour drive, AEV 2.5 lift with bilstine shocks and geo correction kit and exhaust spacer total parts and labor 2400
    JKS 2.5 lift with foxshocks, Geo correction kit, Fox steering stabilizer, front and real track bar(require welding) labor and parts 3200

trick trucks somewhere in PA give me a rough estimate of 800 for labor.also about 2 hr away from NEWARK DE

so i'm hoping to see if anyone could suggest a good shop who can install one of the 3 lift i mentioned above with decent labor cost
    that would be greatly appreciated

and if anyone have experience with any of the kit above? Mopar 2inch lift with fox shocks, JKS 2.5 lift with fox shocks, AEV 2.5inch with bilstine shocks?
    i haven't seen any bad review about the fox shocks yet, but with bilstine ive seen people on the forum had blown shocks, or rust around 30k miles.
    if anyone could give me a opinion on the kits that would be great as well since i am still deciding on the kit options.

and one last question, does anybody know if do i have to offset my stock 18" wheels after the lift? i am not planning to replace wheels untill 2017 so i just want to make sure if i need to buy spacers as well or not

o btw im riding a black 2015 jku saha around newark and wilmington mostly

• You could check with mount Zion off-road in PA. Also, you could do the work yourself. Shouldn't be too hard. Probably around 400 for a complete kit if you go conservative.

Jeep XJ (Lifted 2", Misc. goodies inside, 195k on body, 85k on inline 6) Jeep WJ (Stock, 236k on inline 6)

• You can try Rino Linings of Delaware, Old Baltimore Pike and 72 by the Royal Farms. I order my BDS springs from there. They gave me a better price than ordering from the DBS site. I asked about the install and they said they charge by the hours stated on the install instructions included with the kit. They were very informative.

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, &WCF_AMPERSAND"Damn...that was fun!&WCF_AMPERSAND"

• thanks for the info, i've contacted zion offroad they seems very knowledgeable about the lift kits i am deciding on but they are also 2hr away from where i am...
    i did talked to rhino liner last year and they quoted me about 100 per hour which isnt too bad but they seems like doesn't familiar with some of the parts that i wanted to add.
    and yes shadyluke if you could provide me with your quote that would be great.
    i decided to go with jks 2.5 inch kit with fox 2.0 performance shocks, front adjustable track bar, rear track bar relocation bracket, and quick disconnect front swaybar.
    i also ordered adjustable rear trackbar, rear track bar brace(require welding), rear adjustable sway bar link, exhaust spacer.

hopefully i didn't miss anything major.

• My personal opinion...

Let Shadyluke or anyone of the other guys here do it over a Rhino shop or a dealer.

Not only will it cost less because they don't have to pay for overhead and advertising, but they know Jeeps and they care. And if they sucked you'd see it here.

• That lift should only take 4hrs to install i would do it for $300-400 but in jamed up building a custom long arm for a tj over the next 3 weeks. Then a trip out to ejs in moab, but ill sqeeze it in inbetween, If u want to get the parts and wait ill take care of u.

Btw that rhino dealer sprays good ureathane but is an overpriced hack for mechanical work.

• thanks, i know guys here probably knows more than some random shop, i also dont mind get my hand dirty if help is needed and could bring some beer to enjoy.
    i just want to make sure everything is done correctly.
    since the only time i am able to do the work is on March 27 (friday) and March 28th, i figured that its better to start looking for my options early than in the last min.

• Check your calander. The 27 is easter sun. I wont be back from moab until the 28-29. Let me know if i can help.

• FYI - astape and shadyluke both have full car lifts in their garages and the tools to match. It won't be a driveway job with some hand tools. I trust both of them to work on my junk...

• thanks all for the reply, i am still deciding and researching what other parts do i need such as cam bolt?
    i will be contacting you guys soon shadyluke, astape, jeffsjk, 93firebird.

again thanks alot

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!