Bantam Jeep Festival volunteers needed

• Just passing along what I received in case anyone here is interested in volunteering.

[size=16pt]Register Your Jeep for Free by Volunteering!
    [/size]
    We're looking for a few good Jeepers! Whether this is your first year at Bantam, or you're a loyal Festival follower, volunteering is a great way to meet other Jeepers AND earn perks for your Jeep's registration! [/size]We need volunteers to make the Festival happen...in fact, hundreds of volunteers are needed. Will you and your friends help out?[size=16pt]Participating Volunteers are required to help out two shifts (approximately 4-5 hours each) during the weekend. In return, you'll receive your participant band and free Jeep registration for the some of our most popular activities (a $125 value!). [/size]You'll also have priority access to the Trails and Playground all three days and receive a volunteer shirt and raffle tickets. Free Jeep activities for participating volunteers are the following:[size=16pt]

[li]Jeep Playground and On-Site TrailsMoraine Trail RideShow 'n ShineRuff 'n Tuff[/li]

Volunteers who would just like to lend a hand (not registering a Jeep) will be able to choose the times they are available and the areas that they are most interested in volunteering with. Volunteers will receive the following:

[li][/size]a volunteer shirt[size=16pt][/li][li][/size]a spectator wristband for themselves and one for a guest[size=16pt][/li][li][/size]two raffle tickets[size=16pt][/li]

VOLUNTEERING TIP: When you are completing your registration, keep in mind the times that you would like to participate in activities with your Jeep so your volunteer shifts do not overlap. Check out the planning schedule on our website and this listing of volunteer positions for help planning your shifts and activities!

• <long, slow whistle> Somehow I don't see my old YJ making that trip! I'd have to add another hour or two of driving time... and driving the turnpike! Yikes! :o

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• I had been looking at that event for a few years now. I wouldn't mind attempting it. Hard to find the time though.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• We'd be like the M35/M939 convoys... slow rolling at 55mph! :laughing: My brother and I were just up that way this past weekend and the way some of those yahoos were driving down the turnpike.....

One of my concerns is that my Jeep would probably break down at some point during that trip. I just don't think I have enough confidence that she'd make that long of a trip w/o something catastrophic happening. Who knows, it's still a few months away too and some of those worrisome issues should be fixed by then. My buddy also lives just outside of Pittsburgh, so we could crash with him or even arrange a camping trip in the area. Just spitballing here.....

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• I'd like to see a post here from someone who has attended this event. For me, this looks to be about a $500 long weekend, assuming three nights in a hotel and bringing 2-3 others. And that's not including gas. So, like everybody else, I'd like to attend...but I'd like to get the "inside scoop" on whether or not it's worth the time and money. Anyone?

When engaged in conversation with a fool, be sure he is not similarly engaged.
    Chief, DEJA Grammar Police

• I've given the pop-up camper some thought...that's certainly a possibility if there is a shower available. I think the TJ could handle the trip.

When engaged in conversation with a fool, be sure he is not similarly engaged.
    Chief, DEJA Grammar Police

• My wife and I went to this a few years ago. We drove our Wagon and stayed in a nearby hotel. The Friday night invasion on Main Street in Butler was awesome. The streets were lined with every kind of jeep imaginable. There are lots of shops and stuff to keep the ladies interested.
    The big show was the next day and I think it was some type of campground with a large flat field next to it. There was a mud pit and obstacle course there, and trail rides coming and going all day long. The show was kind of a bust. If you registered for the show, you got primo parking, but you were in the show. There ended up being about 650 jeeps in the show. The judging was rushed at best. Some guy from the "stock" category won the trophy in the "custom" class I was in. Go figure. It was way crowded at time to leave, but it was a beautiful day in the mountains anyway so who cares.
    All in all it was a really good time and I would say it should be on any jeepers bucket list.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!