Mid-Northern Jeeps & Java April '16

• Which location do you prefer? 8

1. Starbucks in Middletown (3) 38%
    2. Dunkin Donuts on Rt 13 North of Odessa (5) 63%

Time to start planning for next month!! Due to the Club Comp & 101 Trail Ride, I posted the weekends before and after. This meeting will be held below the canal for our more southern friends this time. Also while voting, please post up suggestions for a meeting place... Middletown & Smyrna areas, please. It doesn't have to be a restaurant per se'... any place will do. Local park, big open parking lot (or any since attendees have been few), someone's house (if you're brave enough :innocent:), etc.

Poll is up for 12 days, 2 votes each... so get those votes in! Once that poll is ended, I'll throw up a poll for the places that are suggested.

*Myself, I am voting for the weekend AFTER the club comp. I figure that would be a good time to share stories from those who go and most likely everyone will be checking and shaking down their Jeeps the weekend before.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

Edited once, last by Kuntryboy816 ().

• I don't know how much interest you'll have in a "north" event located in Kent County...

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• All I can offer is that I can pretty guarantee if you try to have 3 of these a month you will end up with about 3 people attending.

Small group, limited time = very limited turnout.

• I don't know how much interest you'll have in a "north" event located in Kent County...

Just wanted to try and make it fair to those in the mid-region of the state. Fixed the title. :up:

All I can offer is that I can pretty guarantee if you try to have 3 of these a month you will end up with about 3 people attending.

Small group, limited time = very limited turnout.

Small group? ...around 100 or so DEJA members + users and guests
    Limited time? ...2-3 weeks of advanced notice is generally acceptable from my experience
    Very limited turnout? ...I'm not expecting any amount of people to commit and show up and the "successfulness" of these meet & greets isn't determined by the amount of bodies that show up. It's about opening an opportunity for more people to get to know each other a little better.

All this is, is another avenue for those who would like to meet up and hang out. Not everyone wants to or is able to make club rides/events, there's less than a handful of meetings each year, and some people might prefer a smaller crowd in order to be able to talk to each other a bit easier. Some of y'all have known each other for years, hang out regularly outside of DEJA, are comfortable around each other and generally are close friends. Not everyone gets that opportunity so why not provide another means to get to know other people here? For example: At the After Holiday party, Dawn and I sat down at a table occupied by only one other guy (I'm horrible w/ new names so I don't remember it). I've never seen him before (and since we've all known what it's like to be 'the new guy') we struck up some conversation. During the entire party, the only ones who actually came over and introduced themselves were Geoff, Bob A and Keith J... I think Glen F also came over as well. Sometimes, just one person can make the difference between a person staying in the club and another feeling like they don't belong. Patti and Glen F and Jodie were the first people that Dawn and I met at the first DEJA party we went to. They introduced themselves and made a horribly awkward night much much easier.

Understandably, we all tend to get involved in our own little groups b/c we're comfortable around the people we know but that leaves others feeling a bit awkward and left out. I know that, in the past, I have felt like a face in the crowd or someone looking through the window from the outside and still do at times. If we open up other ways to get to know each other a little better then those others might feel more comfortable, welcomed and willing to participate more. Just my opinion, take it for what it's worth. :up: :up:

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• All this is, is another avenue for those who would like to meet up and hang out. Not everyone wants to or is able to make club rides/events, there's less than a handful of meetings each year, and some people might prefer a smaller crowd in order to be able to talk to each other a bit easier. Some of y'all have known each other for years, hang out regularly outside of DEJA, are comfortable around each other and generally are close friends. Not everyone gets that opportunity so why not provide another means to get to know other people here? For example: At the After Holiday party, Dawn and I sat down at a table occupied by only one other guy (I'm horrible w/ new names so I don't remember it). I've never seen him before (and since we've all known what it's like to be 'the new guy') we struck up some conversation. During the entire party, the only ones who actually came over and introduced themselves were Geoff, Bob A and Keith J... I think Glen F also came over as well. Sometimes, just one person can make the difference between a person staying in the club and another feeling like they don't belong. Patti and Glen F and Jodie were the first people that Dawn and I met at the first DEJA party we went to. They introduced themselves and made a horribly awkward night much much easier.

Understandably, we all tend to get involved in our own little groups b/c we're comfortable around the people we know but that leaves others feeling a bit awkward and left out. I know that, in the past, I have felt like a face in the crowd or someone looking through the window from the outside and still do at times. If we open up other ways to get to know each other a little better then those others might feel more comfortable, welcomed and willing to participate more. Just my opinion, take it for what it's worth. :up: :up:

• These are a good way to meet and greet with fellow Jeepers before we get started on our busy weekend activities (cutting the grass, errands, fixing the house, cars whatever); a time to kick back and talk "Jeep" :driving: before we have to get serious with out lives and pick up dog poop. :bang: Being someone who often doesn't have the time or money for trail rides or getting to the beach, I enjoy the 30 minutes to an hour jibber jabbing with friends as well as exploring new places I wouldn't normally go.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Those sound good. Get's me out of the "hood".

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• All of my suggestions tend to be in New Castle! ;D However, I'll try to make one and the further North the better my chances, all dependent on the work schedule from both jobs. Odessa works best for me, Middletown is possible so I like Flutterby's suggestions. If there is a funky little local coffee shop in Odessa I would like that even more. Sunday 4/10 is Quadratec's Jeeps & Java monthly event and I try to make those to catch up with friends up there. Again, work dependent so I am always a maybe.

• I'm with you there Will! I hope to be fishing toward the end of the month as well if work allows, although whether it lights up seems to depend on the fish and they are, apparently, smarter than I am. They also have home field advantage. But sooner and Odessa are preferable.

• I'm with you there Will! I hope to be fishing toward the end of the month as well if work allows, although whether it lights up seems to depend on the fish and they are, apparently, smarter than I am. They also have home field advantage. But sooner and Odessa are preferable.

Trust me, it will light up somewhere for something.

April-May

June-July

Aug-Sept

There always the fall back if the salt water isn't working out.

I have my year planned already. I'm hoping for another bluefish blitz this year.

• Trust me, it will light up somewhere for something.

There always the fall back if the salt water isn't working out.

I have my year planned already. I'm hoping for another bluefish blitz this year.

I'm sure it will light up somewhere for someone! Apparently you. I have the kind of luck that normally requires lying about the size and amount...of the fish! Actually off to a decent start this year, Dad and I went out to Augustine then the next bridge down and I pulled in a mud cat. Not big but heavy enough to bend the rod and a good fight so that was a fun start to the year. Had some bunker so I put the heads to work and pulled a few tiny crabs, hoping that means a good crabbing season, told those guys I would be back when they were bigger. Totally jealous of your yaks and water time! Work often gets in the way of that for me. Keep threatening to get kayaks for myself and my daughters, may well pull that trigger this year. Would like to get out for some striper. Liking the plans you have for the year, hope it works out even better than planned!

• Last year was a banner year for us and our first year hitting the saltwater hard. We upped our game big time when we started targeting sharks, we bought 4 new rods between my fishing partner and myself as we were greatly out classed. We were basically buying heavier rods and terminal tackle every week until we could land them consistently. Best one last year was 6 1/2'.

We do fish 2-4 times a week in the warmer months and stop generally in early December. We will fish local 1-2 times after work and then at least one bigger trip on the weekend. The bigger trip may be kayak or in a boat.

I've never specifically targeted stripers and have never caught one bigger than 24". I hope to change that this year but we shall see. I've been out 3 times in the past two weeks and got skunked twice down at Indian River Inlet, skunked in the Susquehanna and caught 3 perch and a catfish in the Delaware river after the skunk in MD.

I may be selling the one kayak in picture with the bluefish. If I do I will post it on the board here as well.

If I make it to this coffee trip introduce yourself. I may be fishing if its later in the month. I won't be hard to spot, I'm the short fat guy. This is getting off topic of the get together but good fishing this year.

• Will definitely introduce myself and am looking forward to talking more fishing! If I'm there I drive a black JK with a shark on the windshield. Please let me know if you put any of your kayaks on the market. Going to be a financially rough Summer for me since I just found out that my dog's ACL surgery will cost $4500 but that is life. Time to find that third job! Or a buyer for this spare kidney. Guess we kind of hijacked the thread a bit! So...anyone want to talk coffee?

• Ideas for places:
    Starbucks in Middletown
    Dunkin Donuts on Rt 13 North of Odessa

Now that we have a date voted on, which location?

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!