Mid-Northern Jeeps & Java April '16

• Just pick one. Do Odessa this month, maybe Middletown next month, and then come up north to Newark or northern Wilmington for the following month, or however it works out.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I'd vote for either or but I can't figure out how Jerry reset the poll for last month. :doh:

there ya go.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• there ya go.

I will always play the devils advocate.

If that gets me a video of some dweeb (pretty sure it was Sal) clapping so be it.

Why have 2 options and the option to vote for both?

They just cancel each other out. Makes no sense.

I'm with Slimer, pick a place and move on.

Having 3-4 weeks of polls for a meeting where maybe 3-4 people will actually show up just doesn't make sense.

• It may cancel out, but it will show interest. So, you may have 4 votes for one and 5 for the other vs only one vote.

I agree with the last part, though. Pick a date and have one person pick where it'll be. Maybe have a different person pick each month?

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

• It's at the top of the thread in the poll

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I will always play the devils advocate.

Oh, is that what it's called? I was pretty sure you had to actually have some sort of debate/dispute from two or more sides in order to advocate for one of them. I don't see that here, so who are you advocating for other than yourself? Advice is always welcome.. even constructive criticism.. yet, I don't see either of those as well.

Having 3-4 weeks of polls for a meeting where maybe 3-4 people will actually show up just doesn't make sense.

Actually, what doesn't make sense, to me, is for someone who has no intention of ever attending one of these to sit there and constantly try and fix what isn't broken for the mere pleasure of getting some jollies off of some internet drama.

The polls are there for a reason. For being a former DEJA president, I would have thought maybe you had a good understanding of why they're used. Here's just a few from my perspective...
    1. Unnecessarily making imperial/executive decisions usually pisses a lot of people off
    2. It makes the decision fair to everyone who's actually interested in attending an event
    3. It's a bit more efficient than having to go back through previous threads to keep track of who picked what location/date/time in the past
    4. If for nothing more, for the mere fact that we're a free nation who fought for our right to vote.. so let's not waste the opportunity! :flag: (sorry if that's hard to read :8))

We do? So what is the chosen date? Not seeing it anywhere in the thread.

Apologies, the poll was reset for the location...

The winning date is:
    Saturday April 23rd

Going forward, I'll include all of the options (Date, Location, Time) on the first poll to eliminate any confusion. Dates/times are easy enough to sort out.. for locations, we can take suggestions ahead of time so that they can be put on the original poll to vote for. How does that sound? :up:? :down:?

• I love polls and have voted in both. It's nice to think someone gives a shit about what I think. I also appreciate the remove vote as I knee-jerk voted for Starbucks before I remember I quit them because they are overpriced and doughnuts are always better. Even if only a couple people show up then who cares. It's not costing anything and it seems to only bother Keith. Damn I wish I could post a poll in this reply. :innocent:

• Current Meeeting Details:

[size=14][/
    Saturday April 23rd
    Dunkin Donuts
    2480 Dupont Hwy, Middletown, DE 19709
    Rt. 13 just North of Odessa.. easily accessible right off of Rt. 1 (exit 142)

Note: There is also a Wawa right there at Boyd's Corner if you prefer their products to DD.size]

Post up what preference you have for a meeting time that morning. Usually around 8ish is good for most folks so I'm going to throw that out for consideration.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• I'm contemplating coming but the fish are calling. I'm taking off tomorrow and going fishing and according to the weather its supposed to be even nicer Saturday and Sunday.

Would you guys haze me if I show up in my pickup with my kayak in the back? I can wear my newly acquired DEJA shirt and my pick up doesn't have any Sky Jacker stickers.

• I'm contemplating coming but the fish are calling. I'm taking off tomorrow and going fishing and according to the weather its supposed to be even nicer Saturday and Sunday.

Would you guys haze me if I show up in my pickup with my kayak in the back? I can wear my newly acquired DEJA shirt and my pick up doesn't have any Sky Jacker stickers.

Nah, you're okay! If El Presidente' can show up in an Audi then your truck is just fine! :laughing:

• Bump! Tomorrow! Let's say 8:30ish..... that will give us early birds a fair break (even though the day's 1/2 over) and maybe encourage some of the Friday Night Rip Van Drinkles to start squashing that hangover! :innocent:

Jen, I will probably be there by 8-8:15 if you will be by that way earlier. Kids have a soccer game so I'll have to head back north around 8:45ish.

John B., I'll throw that soft top cover in the Jeep tonight in case you're coming tomorrow.

Hope to see y'all there! :up: :up:

• I might make an appearance if I'm not too tired after work. I'll be the first one there if I make it at all.

Jerry / Whatevah

• Had a great turnout today! Thanks to all who stopped by to hang out and chat.
    Captain, Captain II, Slimer, Willf, JC1120, Grininbear (red jku ?) and neon pirate

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!