The DMV is awesome!!!

• 8+ years with the same lift, wheels, tires, flares and axles on her TJ...and today they pop me for the tread sticking out too far. The best part is how he holds a tape measure down from the flare to measure and then tell me they are out 1/2" to much. I told him his method isn't accurate and that he should have a plumb bob and I get, "This is what I always use - it's fine." I think there is enough of a gap in her wheel wells to make his method quite subjective. >:(

• Did you ask him if his eyes are calibrated to set that tape measure to perfectly Level? Ive got some wide flares 7" front flares and 4"-5" rears if you want to come grab them to take it through again.

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

• Maybe if you let your wife take the Jeep to the DMV the results would have been better! :razz:

Neill

In a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog.

• I know the feeling. My gas tank test failed twice in lane 2 , same inspector. I dropped the tank and replaced both check valves and all the hoses. Even ran a new hose to the canister in case the steel line was bad. 3rd time she failed again, lane 2, same inspector. I checked where he had the pliers and they were on the wrong hose. I told him and I got a raft of crap about don't tell him how to do his job. I got loud and his supervisor came over and I showed here the line that went back to the gas tank, (it now has white electrical tape on it). Next time I might antique her so I don't have this crap and drop a small block Chevy :cuss: in.

• I know the feeling. My gas tank test failed twice in lane 2 , same inspector. I dropped the tank and replaced both check valves and all the hoses. Even ran a new hose to the canister in case the steel line was bad. 3rd time she failed again, lane 2, same inspector. I checked where he had the pliers and they were on the wrong hose. I told him and I got a raft of crap about don't tell him how to do his job. I got loud and his supervisor came over and I showed here the line that went back to the gas tank, (it now has white electrical tape on it). Next time I might antique her so I don't have this crap and drop a small block Chevy :cuss: in.

CJs and early YJs cant pressure test tanks. They can only check caps.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• I was in last week and they told me that they did not have the proper fittings to test either, so they automatically passed me on those items. Failed me on emissions, tired to wide, and marker lights though.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!