More Fun At DMV

• Well.. Had to bite the bullet and run through the inspection lanes. passed emissions with no problems 100,650 miles :rollsmile: brakes ok
    deja membership sticker in lower corner of windshield failed :upset:
    de jeep assoc. 2" sticker at top of windshield Failed :upset:
    bombay hook 100 year anniversary sticker at upper corner Failed :upset:
    driving lights not covered Failed :upset: they said they are off road lights but the box they came in said driving lights... :shrug:

so after going into the parking lot to remove stickers and lights I pull into the recheck lane and the guy grabs his window tint meter and fails my brand new upper half door window sliders for being tinted :maul:
    I took the doors off through them in the back of the jeep and he looked kind of stunned and said if the windows aren't there i can't fail them so he passed me :up:

The line inside the dmv to renew the registration is a whole other story :down:

05 unlimited rubicon teraflex long arm kit poison spyder rocker guards 35" pro comp extreme mud terrains

• Quote from "jpfan"

The line inside the dmv to renew the registration is a whole other story :down:

About a month ago I walked into the DMV with my Jeep already inspected. From the time I walked in the door to the time I walked out (had to get a DE license, plates, registration, and title) I timed it at 18 mintues! :) There were no lines for anything!

• 40+ people deep in line on friday I left and went back on monday no line
    and was done in about 5 min.. they were having computer issues on friday

05 unlimited rubicon teraflex long arm kit poison spyder rocker guards 35" pro comp extreme mud terrains

• Quote from "jpfan"

driving lights not covered Failed :upset: they said they are off road lights but the box they came in said driving lights... :shrug:

Doesn't matter what type they are, if they don't have DOT on the lens they are illegal for highway use.

• its good in PA when your friends are registered vehicle inspection station owners.... God Bless Mechanic inspecters.... stinkin yearly inspections though

• i failed one time for offroad lights. they din't have covers on them. so while they were checking something else I took my shoes and socks off and put the socks over the lights. I passed.

Michael Slotwinski (SLINKY)
    1993 Chevy Suburban 1500 4x4
    http://www.firststatecorvairclub.com
    1999 Powerwheels Babrie Jeep Currently driven by my daughter
    Hey you were at the WalMart Speed Bump Climb in 1999? you were the one with the winch, right?

• I can't believe they failed you for the membership stickers in the corners.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Stock fog lights? Will they fail you it they do not have covers?

Is that a true story about using your socks as covers? That's classic if it's true!!! :peace:

• i just went through last Thursday down in Georgetown. I passed with stock fog lights. They asked them to be turned on and turned off. That was it . I passed with the DEJA sticker across the top of the windshield and my member stickers on the lower left 04/05. They passed. They asked me I lived norht of south of the mispillion. I live south. I was alittle nervous.,but it went smoothly.
    fred

• yup socks worked, I tried to fold them down but he wouldn't go for it. said they had to be covered. I had em mounted to the roof rack. he told me he didn't care if I removed the cover after inspection. but they had to be covered to pass.

Luckily they were clean socks

Michael Slotwinski (SLINKY)
    1993 Chevy Suburban 1500 4x4
    http://www.firststatecorvairclub.com
    1999 Powerwheels Babrie Jeep Currently driven by my daughter
    Hey you were at the WalMart Speed Bump Climb in 1999? you were the one with the winch, right?

• Mine failed for the 2" banner at the top of the windshield, and I've heard of others having that too. I have never heard of the membership decal failing someone though, that's a first.

I don't think they can fail you for the stock fog lights, as they were original equipment and should be road legal, even without covers. I kept the covers on my Hellas when I went through though.

• I have semi-clean socks if anyone needs to borrow them in to get through inspection in New Castle County. :laughing:

I wonder if DMV would fail you if the socks had holes in them? :hmm:

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• :upset: When they failed my XJ for the BODY LIFT. :question: They never said a word about the DeJA sticker in the lower left or the Irish Renegade on the top of the Windshield. :shrug: They do what they want when they want. :folded:

• My lights had covers at one time :hmm: one didn't make it home one day and the other one just finally fell apart..
    they said the only kind of stickers allowed on the winshield are official state or goverment stickers.. but a state parks pass is legal :shrug:
    like you said they do what they want when they want.

• Well you know what is really funny. You could paint your back windows black if you wanted and thats fine and legal. But if you have the whole rear window filled up with stickers they will fail you. Go figure :peace:

02 Tj hp Dana 30 4.88 ox locker, Dana 44 4.88 ox locker 3inch Teraflex coils and adjustable lower control arms 33 TSL Thornbirds and 4 chipmunks workin hard under the hood.
    Less brains MORE THROTTLE

• when I went threw with the 87XJ they only complained that the driving lights were brighter than the normal headlights. he asked me to turn them off and I did. but failed for damn gas cap and "leaning to the left". apparently I had a broken shock. heck what you expect for something that sat for 6 months prior to going threw???? :shrug:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!