Who would like to make an impact on NEUROC next year?

• good luck on this board. not many here care about neuroc or competing in general.

i will be there if this happens. sounds like a good idea and i hope it works out.

• Quote from "bmf24"

good luck on this board. not many here care about neuroc or competing in general.

It's not that we don't care, we are just too busy actually WHEELING our jeeps. Don't confuse not caring for not wanting to compete. I think Neuroc and such are great. they are not for me, as I wheel to have fun, not for any other reason.

• Quote from "bmf24"

good luck on this board. not many here care about neuroc or competing in general.

You must have missed this thread...

Quote from "BlueJ"

Delaware Jeep Association will be sponsoring Team Mall Crawler -- Aaron Stapen (astape) and Don Nichols (jump150) -- in the first Neuroc competition of the season. "Neuroc" is the NorthEast US Rockcrawling and Offroad Championship (http://www.neuroc.com). This is a series of competitions over the spring and fall that concentrates on rock crawling challenges. Several of the events are held at our own Paragon Adventure Park in Hazleton PA. The first event will be held at Paragon on Saturday and Sunday May 14 and 15. Please come out and cheer Aaron and Don, and the other competitors. It's sure to be an exciting competition!

If you are interested in attending and are looking for a carpool, please post in the Trail Rides and Gatherings forum.

• I think Chris was speaking about the overall feeling from club members, which is not a bad thing. Chris supported Team Mall Crawler very heavily and will be building a Modified class rig this winter.

I agree totally with the sentiment of "we would rather be ACTUALLY wheeling our own rigs." That is awesome and DEJA members can be found on the trails just about every weekend and have a great reputation in the area.

Personally, I feel the reason that people do not feel connected to the rock crawling comps is that they do not meet many real wheelers on a personal level. There-in lies the challenge to make the comps more entertaining and worthy of going to see. That is why we need input from wheelers to be able to make the changes necessary to reach YOU at your level to make it interesting to YOU.

For example, I feel that the comps do not try to meet family's needs and there is not enough to do and see to catch the interest of normal spectators. There are many things that can be done to involve the children and youth. Look at Camp Jeep. That was my first year ever to see what actually happened at a CJ. I took hannah up on Sunday because I do not have a wheeling rig right now, but there were some great things going on and everyone had a great time. Why couldn't NEUROC have some of those activities to make it more interesting? I think they can.

Any input?

• Excellent idea. Spectator games would increase the fun. I've seen some games at events, like chucking a 35" tire the farthest, bowling with a 44" tire.... You could even have a "Fastest tire change" competition. Maybe have a free wheeling day at the hosting park as the prize.

There's a lot of room for creativity.

One thing that I feel hinders attendance is the distance you have to travel. Let's face it....5 hours driving time round trip is a haul to be a spectator. Most people would rather wheel if they have to go that far. I like the watching the competitions because I have friends in it. It makes it more personal for me.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• zach got it right.

i think zach has some great ideas, and the few people that have been spectating should voice thier thoghts. kyle does listen.
    the competitor forum and the round table on pirate are discussing diffrent ideas to draw more spectators. big rich is changing some rules for next year to make the stock and modified class look more like a vehicle. its going to be harder to build, but it will be cool to see the rigs look like something instead of a jungle jym with a jeep hood.

hopefully this will help the spectators relate better and draw thier intrest a little more.

• :UPDATE: I spoke with Kyle this afternoon and we set the date at December 4th around dinner time. I have a message in to Suzy at Oak Hill so we will have to wait and see if that will be the location.

If you are serious about this meeting and will not be backing out please post up so I can get a list and head count together for the restaurant. We will be looking at 4PM if that works for everyone to give distance travelers time to get home. We will try to keep this to a two hour meeting so please bring concise thoughts written to the meeting. The focus will be "How can we help NEUROC grow in a positive manner and grow the spectator base". I do not think this would be the best forum for competition-specific questions or comments, like "why do we have backup points", etc.

Thanks to Kyle and the PAP Management for being willing to listen to us as a group. I hope everyone knows how special it is to have a sanctioning organization that will listen to the competitors and vendors. This is an exciting oppurtunity to make real input for the sport we all love.

Post up if you are coming.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!