2008 St Patrick's Day Parade, Wilmington

• We have been invited to participate in the 33nd Annual Wilmington St Patrick's Day Parade to be held on Saturday March 15, 2008.

We will meet in the parking lot of Joe's Crab Shack starting at 09:30. In the lot you will be able to decorate for the parade. We will leave the lot at 10:50 to line up for the parade. We have to be in line for the parade no later then 11:15.

The parade kick off will be at 12:00 at this time we do not know were we will be placed in line. The parade starts at 4th and King St and runs to St. Pat's Church at 14th and King St. The marching time will be approximately 1-1/2 hours from start to finish.

The mugs will be for sale in the hall under the church at the end of the parade.

I have talked to the Contact Chairman about doing a demonstration in front of the viewing stand. I told him about how one jeep will stop and two other jeeps climb up on their rear tires. We have two minutes to show our stuff. If we are going to do this I need volunteers to do this and to meet before hand to practice at least twice.

Let me know who can Attend.

Name:JeepDemo
    Tugboat XJ Yes
    whatevah XJ ?
    Slimer CJ5 Yes
    Zeke XJ Yes
    Solomi TJ
    Knoyrents TJ Yes
    BackFire YJ
    YJRosco YJ Yes
    BFrank TJ Spot
    LW767 YJ
    BlueJ TJ Video
    Wolverine Yes
    Narvanarvles1 YJ Yes
    Deebo

• sweet! I'm in! Demo only if I have a locker by then.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• I'm in. I'll do the demo as long as I'm the one climbing the tire. My tires don't stick out.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• im in too....

2003 TJ 4.0L, hardtop, Artec Trussed 8.8, 5.5 long arm currie joints, sye Tatton shaft, 35" km2s, barnes 4x4 belly up skid, 11,000lb qtec winch AtoZ fab bumper and lots of rustys stuff

• On the demo we will also have at least 4 people on foot as spotters for safety. One with each Jeep that is doing the climbing and one on each out board side to keep watch for safety.

• We'll need someone to shoot video too. :hmm: I should mount my video camera on the roll bar some how.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• As of now I'm in and willing to help in the demo if needed. I can easily climb a tire but not sure if my tires stick out far enough to be climbed. :shrug:

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• We'll need someone to shoot video too. :hmm: I should mount my video camera on the roll bar some how.

Did someone say video? mwah ha ha ha

I think my tires stick out even more now, I switched to 10" rims with more backspacing

• YJRosco no problem on the YJ.

If we have enough people we could do more then one team at a time.
    Also you can bring more then one Jeep and friend that have a jeep.

:wavey: Lets make a big showing this year. :wavey:

:driving: :driving: :driving: :driving: :driving:
    :driving: :driving: :driving: :driving:
    :driving: :driving: :driving:
    :driving: :driving:
    :driving:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!