What have you done to your Jeep today?

• Especially when you hear the infamous hidden spring let loose. This noise is usually followed by, "Oh shit!"

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Especially when you hear the infamous hidden spring let loose. This noise is usually followed by, "Oh shit!"

^^^ TRUTH!

sometimes you just have to take stuff apart to see how it works.

X3... Most of the time I look at something and am like.. What the freak!! Glad to know all these guys are willing to help out when needed. I'm waiting for Aaron to change his number so I'll stop calling and asking questions. Oh Aaron btw... :innocent:

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• whats the stock length on a tj front drive shaft?

• They vary in length depending on Manual, Auto, 4cyl or 6cyl. That being said, I seem to remember my 6cyl auto being about 40" when measured in the Jeep. Dont quote me on that though. I think the 4cyl may be 1" shorter. The manual uses a larger tube diameter also.

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

Edited once, last by 2000sahara ().

• They vary in length depending on Manual, Auto, 4cyl or 6cyl. That being said, I seem to remember my 6cyl auto being about 40" when measured in the Jeep. Dont quote me on that though. I think the 4cyl may be 1" shorter. The manual uses a larger tube diameter also.

I have an after market drive shaft and the blue is showing on the spline shaft. From joint to joint mines only 39" I would like one a hair longer. Any down falls to stock shafts?

• Started stripping down the tilt steering column to fix the horn and the wobbly tilt section. Can't get the key cylinder out. Any tips or trick to this? The instructions I'm following say to remove a screw which I did but it won't budge. I'm missing something.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Called AtoZ and ordered:

Clayton Offroad
    Premium Jeep Wrangler JK 4.5 Inch Lift Kit
    High Steer Conversion Kit
    Adjustable Rear Trackbar
    Tom Woods 1310 2DR Rear CV style driveshaft
    Bilstein 5100 series gas charged shocks
    Synergy Ball Joint Set

Northridge 4x4 and ordered;
    Evo C2 Axle Gussets & Control Arm Skids Package
    Evo Rear Lower Control Arm Skids

• Awesome.. Sounds like a fun project, when are you planning the install?

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

Mine is 40" with the 5 speed.

• Took the stock air dam off. In all actuality, it was my futile attempt to put on my new Rock Hard 4x4 front bumper, but the air damn,er dam took nearly 1.5 to take off. It was getting nearly dark, and I was beyond frustrated with those plastic screw rivet thingys...I just cut them off. I'll try and finish the rest of the install tomorrow. :suspicious:

&quot;Always do sober what you said you&#039;d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.&quot;--Ernest Hemingway<br /><br />&quot;Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast.&quot; ---Oscar Wilde

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!