What have you done to your Jeep today?

• I just did my whole dash and console. It was spice and worn bad after 16 years. I used the Duplicolor flexable bumber paint in black and it came out awesome. Looks like new. This stuff sprays great and no runs. Also added some blue to tie in the outside color of jeep to front speaker covers and piece under steer wheel and glove box. Krylon fusion plastic paint for the blue. Also a great product. I will see if I can post a pic.

I've seen dovertj's paint job it looks great. I actually used it on my jeep the next day.... oh and dovertj melissa said here fishy fishy fishy!

Anytime you take your 20+ year old jeep apart plan on fixing more them you intended.

• You dont want to sand. Just the areas that are scratched up as I did. I got the idea from another forum so it is not mine but I washed everything with dawn dish soap to remove dirt and oils then acetone then sprayed. I will take a pic later and try to post it if I can.

Awesome thanks!

• Haha... next time is coming soon gotta wrap up a few side jobs this weekend might still go though.But ththanx for telling me about the bumper spray paint it works great.... especially on my door panels. Love it.

Anytime you take your 20+ year old jeep apart plan on fixing more them you intended.

• Bought a homelink garage door opener off ebay to install in the Jeep

I'm putting them on the console behind the shifter

Marked and cut out the hole

Had to sand the back of the console some to thin it enough to allow the buttons to lock back together

Installed the buttons and used a little gorilla glue to keep the box in place

Here is all finished

• Well, not just today, but in the past month I have gotten my camping trailer titled in DE (hurray!!!) and renewed the Jeep registration for another 2 years. Is it just me or does it feel like Christmas every time I make it through the inspection lane with PASSED on the paper? Lol

• [size=1em]Are you concerned that someone can easily enter your garage/house from your Jeep? Access is only a zipper away... :shrug: [/size]

Good point and I took the remote out of my Jeep for that very reason. Just something to consider. Perhaps add a hidden "disable" switch for it?

• Some people put $ in the ash tray so it would be one of the places for a theif to look.

Disguse the buttons with labels like, BOOST, or 4WD, or LOCKER.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• It depends on the vehicle but its fairly close. Normally I have to be at the top of the driveway just past the privacy wall.

From a security point of view, I think thats just about perfect and the wall hides that fact that I am flashing my high beams and doesn't piss off any neighbors

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!