DEJA Trail Ride: Big Dogs Main Jambo, Sept. 10, 11, 12

• (Well, except Ian...he won't have service. :innocent: )

Listen here you sandal-wearing pansy...I'll have service all day on the trails, it's only at night in camp that service is non-existent. I'll be able to send plenty HD video, pics, and derogatory comments about your parents during all the stupid stuff we do on the trail while not risking evening drunk-texts to fiance's of other attendees or having the phone attached to my head talking to my SO. (umm...just kidding, dear) :suspicious: :laughing:

j/k billy...we'll miss you. Just expect the ribbing Jason got for missing it in the spring.

--Ian

• Listen here you sandal-wearing pansy...I'll have service all day on the trails, it's only at night in camp that service is non-existent. I'll be able to send plenty HD video, pics, and derogatory comments about your parents during all the stupid stuff we do on the trail while not risking evening drunk-texts to fiance's of other attendees or having the phone attached to my head talking to my SO. (umm...just kidding, dear) :suspicious: :laughing:

They are Keen's, not sandals and they are the hotness. 8)
    It sounds like your S.O. may be on the beach with us that weekend so be sure to send some incriminating photo's so I can share. :razz:

BTW, on a side note, you guys should seriously think about making bacon explosion a long with Geoff's ribs. That would be a true Big Dogs meal. :)

• Jeff's being a wuss. He can get the parts in time its his lack of faith because he didnt get any testing in. I told him I would have a spare shaft for him so hopefully he grows a pair and drives it down.

Aaron

Oh yeh, and hopefully Billy grows a pair and suprises us at the camp site with his attendence.

• :laughabove: Broke 10 minutes in at RC over the weekend just trying to test everything. It's partially being a wuss and not having the confidence that it's not going to happen right away at Big Dogs and partially that I'm leaving for FL in a couple days and don't have time to really look at why it happened. I don't want to bring an untested rig (this is after the 8.8 install) 4 hours to have it break on the first trail. I dunno, I need to call Coast today and work on getting the shaft replaced. If everything lines up and I have 2 shafts in my hand (don't go there) next Thursday maybe I'll drive down but as of now it looks like I've got a right seat locked down so i'll be there but not with my Jeep.

• Hey all,

Just figured we'd let you know that we are currently fixing our 2 split frame rails, boxing them and should be ready to roll for this event. Bestman at my brothers wedding on Sept. 10th, leaving that night and will be there for the Saturdays Driver's meeting. Audra is going to be sporting her Bridesmaid Dress for Saturdays run and maybe I will still have my Tux rental. Should make for some great pics. Also we are blowing off our 4 year old nephews Birthday Party on the 11th. We are bad people!!!! Aaron, we got the hot dogs, you bring the buns!! Are you bringing the entertainment, a.k.a. Sean? Can't wait for another great weekend with the Delaware gang!!

Got a Pair?? We do!!

Audra and Mike

P.S: It's all good fun. :wavey:

• Right now its looking like a negative on Sean. I think he is going to some Jeep woods races in PA somewhere. It will be a little quieter with him not around :).

Aaron

• Just thought I'd weigh in....I'm about 95 percent sure that I'll attend this one. Just talked with John Hunt a moment ago and he's expecting a great event (naturally). Will bring my popup camper, along with my 11-year-old son Michael and girlfriend. This will be her first-ever offroad/camping event. Not sure when I'll be able to arrive, as school has already started, but am going to try to show up Thursday evening so I'll be ready to go Friday morning. Any other DEJA kids going to be there? Is the behavior such that I'll regret bringing my kid? :shrug:

When engaged in conversation with a fool, be sure he is not similarly engaged.
    Chief, DEJA Grammar Police

• Is the behavior such that I'll regret bringing my kid? :shrug:

Aaron said that Sean won't be there so that will help a lot. :laughing: I'd say as long as he is in bed by a reasonable time, you will be fine. The bonfire and mud pit and everything else are family friendly. The DEJA fire is what tends to get a little crazy later on. ::)

• Yeah, earmuffs might be necessary for late night. :) I forget what the exact campsite #'s are (21-23?) but you could always try to get one real close but not directly with us so we don't keep them up.

How does the campsite thing work? I didn't notice a reference to it in the registration. Do I just show up and take my chances that I'll get close to 21-23? I'd obviously like to hang out some with the DEJA gang.

• I'm in. Meeting up with Randy on Thurs.

I'll be headed over on Thursday as well, but I can't depart the Dover area until early afternoon. Does anyone want to rendezvous for a caravan at the McDonald's on Kent Island?

• i'm definitely out. the XJ is totally out of commission. i'm working on finding a new-to-me PCM wiring harness, and it's highly doubtful that i'll acquire one and get everything together in time.

besides, i have too much other stuff going on right now that i couldn't get free even if the jeep was ready.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!