DNREC News: Pennsylvania Man Arrested for DUI Near Holts Landing

• NEWS FROM THE DELAWARE DEPARTMENT OF NATURAL RESOURCES AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONTROL

Contact: Sgt. Gregory Rhodes, Fish & Wildlife Enforcement, 302-739-9913 or 302-542-6102 Joanna Wilson, Public Affairs, 302-739-9902

Pennsylvania man arrested for DUI near Holts Landing

OCEAN VIEW (Sept. 6, 2011) – DNREC Division of Fish and Wildlife Enforcement marine patrol agents responding to an incident at Holts Landing on Sept. 4 arrested a Pennsylvania man on charges including resisting arrest, DUI and multiple traffic charges with assistance from the Delaware State Park Rangers, Ocean View and Bethany Beach police departments and the Delaware State Police.

When Fish and Wildlife agents and Park rangers arrived at the Holts Landing boat ramp, a pontoon boat was being trailered. The Chevrolet Trailblazer towing the boat drove away, struck a parked vehicle on Whites Neck Road causing the boat trailer to flip and continued a distance down the road dragging the upside down boat before stopping.

Eric A. Willis, age 40, of Avondale, Pa., was arrested and charged with resisting arrest with violence, resisting arrest, disregarding a police officer’s signal, leaving the scene of a property collision, driving under the influence of alcohol, reckless driving, driving at unreasonable speed, driving on the wrong side of the roadway and two counts of failure to signal intention. Willis was arraigned in Justice of the Peace Court No. 3 in Georgetown and committed to Sussex Correctional Institute in Georgetown in lieu of $5,000 cash bond.

Citizens are encouraged to report fish and wildlife violations to the Delaware Fish and Wildlife Enforcement Section at 302-739-4580.

Vol. 41, No. 341

• I bet you couldn't copy and paste that article fast enough. :laughing: He HAD to be from PA didn't he? :doh:

Would have loved to see this happening. ;D

X2

What is "failure to signal intention"? Did they get him for not using his turn signal after all that other stuff?

• I bet you couldn't copy and paste that article fast enough. :laughing: He HAD to be from PA didn't he? :doh:

X2

What is "failure to signal intention"? Did they get him for not using his turn signal after all that other stuff?

That's what I figured.

When you fight the cops they are going to pile on everything they can.

Hope he's enjoying his stay at SCI.

• dang....
    Hope his buzz and his ego was worth all that.
    What a jackass. :down:

"I mean, I've always been a libertarian. Leave everybody alone. Let everybody else do what they want. Just stay out of everybody else's hair." - Clint Eastwood -

• I went to high school with him...He is a piece of work! He has been in and out of jail and his wife was finally smart enough to divorce him a couple of years ago.

There is no fun in a perfect life. So make a risk. Take a chance. Go where the wind takes you and just have fun!

• Does anyone else find it funny that in the picture where the boat is back upright the anchor is out of the boat. Were they worried it would roll away?

• Sadly that's not the first pontoon boat I have seen flipped in this area. :doh:

I was behind somebody one time where they were pulling off rt 5 onto rt 24. They cut that thing hard and the pontoon boat slowly started to roll over off the trailer. It came off the trailer and ended up in the grass. Sure enough a shorts marine truck was pulling it. :laughing: We had about 20 guys flop that thing back over. I'm sure in that situation they would have been fine if it was tied to the trailer properly.

• Someone should tell him to keep the rubber side down when you trailer.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!